Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 13:45:10 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wanted: SE34I.2+ (pre-owned) (Read 3151 times)
maprik
Verified Member

Wanted: SE34I.2+ (pre-owned)
11/07/11 at 23:32:47

Hello,

I'm looking for an SE34I.2+ with Hazen mods.  Looking to spend around $900.  One input version is OK.

Thanks!

Phil

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Wanted: SE34I.2+ (pre-owned)
Reply #1 - 11/08/11 at 01:38:42

Have you considered the Torii that Jason has for sale? Very close to what you're looking for, but in that awesome Decware push-pull.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
maprik
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 11/08/11 at 02:50:44

Yes, I've been scheming about buying that! The reason I bought your SE34I.2 and I am looking for another is because 2 of my friends heard my SE34I.2+ Klipsch Forte II system and asked me to help them recreate the same in their homes. They have both acquired the speakers and one has your SE34I.2 and now I just need one more! So I've been scheming...maybe I sell my friend my own SE34I.2+ and upgrade to the Torii! I wonder, however if the Torii might be too much power for my Klipsch Speakers? As it is I can only turn the SE34I.2+ volume up to halfway before the volume is painful... Also my current system is truly magical. Will the Torii be a noticeable upgrade for $500? It's certainly more versatile. I guess I wonder how much better will it be?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 11/08/11 at 04:59:42

That's a legitimate concern about the volume level and your speakers. I don't have any experience with your speakers or really similar speakers, so can't quite comment on that. it may well be that the Torii will have you sitting on the one third to one half volume control. Which may not be the best thing. Nothing a CSP2 or ZStage can't cure. It's a slippery slope we travel!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print