Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 16:42:58 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii - First version (Read 8511 times)
Jason

Torii - First version
10/14/11 at 20:38:15

Have an original Torii, the blue chassie gem that started the Torii lineup.  Amp includes the 'version C' preamp, single input as well as the hazen grid mod (CCE) for El34's.  It also has a light walnut wooden base (optional) that will be included.  

I will ship to Decware for service/checkup and warranty transfer as per their policies.  Asking $900 plus shipping from Decware.    I'm willing to consider offers if you don't want the warrantee transfer.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: For Sale: Torii - First version
Reply #1 - 10/14/11 at 23:22:06

Wow. If I didn't already have too many amps and about to sell some I'd really go for that. The legendary blue Torii. Someone should grab this.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/15/11 at 17:08:37

Wow indeed. I have, ahem, more than I should, but not as many as Lon. Dang, what a deal.

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 10/16/11 at 18:37:09

Most likely looks like this, correct?  Or does it look like the one that Bob has?

Back view, this is a pic of a TWO input version however.

Someone buy this so I'm not tempted to! Smiley I'd trade an Integrated for it, but I don't think you're interested in that. . . .

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #4 - 10/16/11 at 19:23:38

Lon, Jasons should look more like mine, as I believe it is an early serial number, but I can't be sure.

Mine gave ChrisK goosebumps at Decfest this year. Running KT77 tubes in this should give almost the same signature my amp has, but its been years since I ran KT77's in a stock Gen-I Torii amp for my memory to serve me well.

Its still a beautiful amp.....

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 10/16/11 at 19:31:15

I know, I love the way yours looks, I bet I'd love the way it sounds too!

Awesome stuff!

IP Logged
JasonGmt
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 10/17/11 at 01:24:27

hope I save my pennies in time!  ./drool

IP Logged
Morganc

Reply #7 - 10/17/11 at 04:40:09

Hi Guys,
   The ad has piqued my interest.  Can any of you experts describe the 1st Gen Tori sonically?  Can you compare it to the latest gen Tori or the Mini Tori?   And Jason, do you have any photos?  I will pm you with my email address.
Thanks,
Morgan

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #8 - 10/17/11 at 18:25:58

Morgan, Welcome to the forum....

The First Gen. Torii seems to be a bit leaner in terms of bass and lushness than that of both the Mini and the III. Maybe a little bit faster, with a sharp leading edge on say guitar picks, which makes it sound a little more dynamic.

I think the Torii-I is the most neutral when it comes to different speakers. Like  the ZEN SE84 "C's" you can throw any speaker at them, they just make music. It doesn't seem to care about the load.

I don't like the first Gen. nearly as much on speakers like the HDT's or probably the NFX, ZOB as the Mini or the Torii-III where the lushness, for me, is a welcome thing.

Hope this helps,
ZYGI

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Jason

Reply #9 - 10/17/11 at 19:14:48

This amp has a new home.

thanks
Jason

IP Logged
Pages: 1