Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 03:21:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mini Torii impression after 1st year of listening (Read 5041 times)
analogwave
Verified Member

Mini Torii impression after 1st year of listening
10/12/11 at 01:01:32

The Mini Torii is an amazing amplifier.  For the last year I’ve gone slowly through my record collection and am hearing things I never even imagined could come out of my speakers –it’s like having an entirely new audio system.  The Mini Torii allows the emotional content and dynamics of a performance to come through because it has the resolution and speed required to do so.  I’ve never had so much fun listening to music.  The Mini Torii brings you right into the performance -well recorded music is absolutely riveting.

I’m also impressed with the sound level you can achieve with only 4 watts per channel  –with reasonably efficient speakers this amp gets plenty LOUD.  I have a pair of Klipsch Heresy’s and Focal JM Lab Chorus’s, and the Mini Torii has plenty of power driving either of them.  With the Klipsch I can’t even turn the Mini Torii up all the way without hurting my ears.

The other big surprise is that the Mini Torii keeps getting better.  The biggest jump was in the first six months but even during the next 6 months the Mini Torii continued to improve.  I’ve listened to LP’s again that I initially played in the first six months that sound much better now.

IP Logged
seank
Verified Member

Re: Mini Torii impression after 1st year of listening
Reply #1 - 10/12/11 at 02:39:31

Analogwave,

I'm glad you are enjoying your Mini Torii.  Love mine!

It's a pretty little jewel that you can pick up in one hand!

I think the Apple design people would love it.

IP Logged
analogwave
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 10/13/11 at 03:32:13

SeanK,

Yes, especially at night when the tubes light up the room –it definitely adds to the listening experience.  It's nice to see amplification in action.  The Mini Torii is as close to a direct path to recordings as I've ever heard.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/14/11 at 00:20:04

I am on my second Mini Torii. I have had the privilege of owning the No. 3 unit, the first one with the EX transformers; it had a painted, as opposed to a powder coated top.  I sold it and bought a regular powder coated version. Both of them sound wonderful and the sound evolves, i.e., improves over time.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print