04/28/24 at 11:16:12 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PATTED DOWN IN PEORIA (Read 3040 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

PATTED DOWN IN PEORIA
10/10/11 at 19:05:39

Well, federal oversight into transportation security being what it is today the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) often has to justify its existence by patting down travelers. This happened to my Wife while leaving Peoria yesterday. I think the necklace she was wearing set off the metal detector in the first place. Nevertheless, she was subjected to a full pat-down by a female agent. It was hilarious; so ridiculously unnecessary in the first place that it was laughable. She took it all in good spirits.

To make matters more ridiculous, as my Wife was being patted down, TSA was going through all the belongings of another lady who attended DECFEST! While TSA did not pat her down, you could say they ravaged her suitcase.

While this was going on there were few people at the airport, Sunday morning at right around 10:00 A.M.

It was good that I did not try to bring those tubes through that I bought from Randy. I am having them shipped to me.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: PATTED DOWN IN PEORIA
Reply #1 - 10/10/11 at 21:29:09

When I first saw thisI thought that maybe you had ended up at "Club Cabare't" and got patted down by a "Exotic Dancer"! Sorry, my mistake!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #2 - 10/10/11 at 22:31:42

Hmmm   Decaware    hmmm is that the name of your supplier?  better do a background check.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
seank
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 10/11/11 at 00:52:12

Being a TSA agent must be the most thankless, depressing job on the planet.

Terrorists are always looking for a weak spot.  As soon as they find out you're excluding anyone, (children, senior citizens, etc.), that is where they will attempt to strike.  

Day after day, a TSA agent has to inconvenience perfectly nice people to keep them safe.  Everyone feels like a suspect.

It's wonderful that most people (like your wife) respond gracefully, and with humor.

It only takes one miss too ruin your day.

I'm reading that hundreds of shoulder fired, surface-to-air missiles are missing, and probably in the wrong hands, as a result of the Libyan war.  I'm afraid we will be hearing more about them in the future.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #4 - 10/11/11 at 04:49:59

At least 100 are missing. The tentacles of the CIA and Special Forces are so necessary.  Thank a soldier for his or her service.  -L

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3