Send Topic Print
I fixed my ZDAC-1 (Read 3324 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

I fixed my ZDAC-1
09/24/11 at 23:50:07

First I must give a big shout out to Will. His advice helped me think this problem through.
I did a hard shut down on my ZDAC and booted my computer up with the USB cable connected to the DAC, then I turned the DAC on and started playing a file to it. Nothing.... I then switched overr to my Ipod and music came out, wha hoo!
You must all understand that this morning I had carried the DAC out to my shooting range and hung it up to shoot it. I just couldn't pull the trigger on $875, that must be the first time in my life that I didn't do the impulsive stupid thing.
I'm now wondering if my first ZDAC had the same problem with it. It seems like there is just a little glitch in switching back and forth between USB and other inputs. For the time being I'm just going to use my Ipod.
By the way,the ZDAC-1 sounds soooo much better than the DAC in the Ipod.
I'm pretty happy now, I'm going to go out back and shoot a paper target before it gets dark.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: I fixed my ZDAC-1
Reply #1 - 09/24/11 at 23:52:47

FANTASTIC NEWS DONNIE! And way to go will!

Man oh man so glad you didn't pull that trigger. (I hate guns, and I hate to think of the ZDAC-1 dying a premature death!)

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 09/25/11 at 00:43:07

Lon,
You wouldn't have liked the day that I got out of Laser Disks. One Pioneer Elite laser disk player and around 250 laser disks died a death that day. The player didn't play anymore and it was 10 years into DVD's so no one wanted the disks. So 3 friends and I had a great day shooting large silver disks and a big black box full of complicated looking things. Stupid, maybe, fun, hell yes.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 09/25/11 at 01:38:08

I'm sure you had fun! I've fired guns myself, I just hate them, I've known people hurt by them and I'd rather they weren't available. But hey that's me.

Glad you have the tunes back!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print