Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 13:34:19 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TRAPEZIUMS - THE FINAL VERDICT (Read 5677 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

TRAPEZIUMS - THE FINAL VERDICT
09/04/11 at 00:17:40

Well, I have had them for one month yesterday. I was in my office this Saturday listening to the system with the TABOO and TRAPEZIUMS. I played it loud because nobody else was there. I have to say that these speakers have fully broken in. The computer monitor disappeared as these played some FM radio amplified through the TABOO. Other than the overall accuracy of these speaks, what impressed me as well was their bass performance. It is astounding for their size. The desk top works well as a bass trap against which the TRAPEZIUMS create a credible bass response. I am glad that I switched the other speakers out and got these. They are ideal for a desk top application.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Re: TRAPEZIUMS - THE FINAL VERDICT
Reply #1 - 09/04/11 at 05:23:10

Good to hear RR. Have you got a pic of your rig?

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
ZYGI
YaBB Moderator

HR-ONE

Re: TRAPEZIUMS - THE FINAL VERDICT
Reply #2 - 09/05/11 at 12:35:25

RR,

Glad you like them, we went through several versions, and I do mean several before ending up with these. It didn't take me two seconds to say that is it once I heard them.

The very first pair we took to Zenfest last year weren't what we are now selling, as some suggestions from Steve, lead us to make a few changes. One was the tweeter, we first had a little 5/8" tweeter that looked more like a spot or black paint on the front, the other suggestion was more mass. When Steve went to pick one of the speakers, last year he almost smacked himself in the face, as they were much lighter than one would think at first look. We then added the heavy sides and the bolts through the speakers, to hold everything together.

The dual radiating ring tweeter was the best addition to the set up, it went from a sizzle to real music, once that was added into the mix.

Jim, we can all thank you for this post, which got Mike all worked up and said we had to do it.

WHY DOES DECWARE NOT MAKE SMALL DESKTOP SPEAKERS?
Jul 08th, 2010, 8:04am   While I am a fan of my MG944 floor standing speakers, I was wondering why DECWARE does not make a mini monitor for desktop use. One of the selling points of the original Zen amp and the Mini Torii is that they are ideal for office setups. The lack of a mini monitor is a "hole" in the DECWARE speaker catalog. Is anybody listening

So thanks for that post, we appreciate it!

ZYGI

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print