Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 14:29:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another 12" WO Question (Read 4010 times)
stlitt
Verified Member

Another 12" WO Question
09/01/11 at 06:09:46

I've been following this forum for quite a while. I just never had a reason to post until now. So this question go's out to all the experienced builders out there. I just built a 12 inch 36x36 version of the WO for a friend of mine. We are trying to figure out what parameters to look for in a suitable subwoofer for this enclosure. Right now we are looking at a couple of Dayton Audio drivers. What kind of numbers should we be on the lookout for and why? Thanks in advance.

IP Logged
Hondab100s
Ex Member

Re: Another 12" WO Question
Reply #1 - 09/10/11 at 15:57:06

I basically make sure the sealed portion of the box is roughly equal to what the sub calls for. After that it probably helps to have a fairly efficient sub, but not necessary. It is important to keep the top lid of the box serviceable...so that you can replace drivers or adjust the throat size as needed. My first WO I used a pair of cheap american bass subs and it sounded ok...loud but not much SQ and there were signs of too much excursion...Quickly swapped out with AutoTek MM Subs and I was happy except for my odometer jumping around all over the place.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print