Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/08/24 at 02:01:26 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My first visit to Decware! (Read 8194 times)
Eleveniseven
Verified Member

My first visit to Decware!
08/29/11 at 19:39:21

I just wanted to let everyone know, I took my first trip to Decware last week. I cannot say enough good things about Steve and his staff. Their hospitality was second to none. Steve answered any questions i had, let me listen to every speaker I asked about, every amp...and was glad to do it. I just wanted to voice how impressed I am of Steve and his facility, his work and helpfulness. I will be going back, and from that trip alone, I will keep my audio business with him and him alone.
Thank you Steve, so very much, you are one cool cat in my book.
And believe me, I told my friends, and anyone else who asked why I wasnt at work friday!   Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: My first visit to Decware!
Reply #1 - 08/29/11 at 19:48:22

Awesome! That's just how I expected it to be! Glad you had a great time.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #2 - 08/30/11 at 00:07:33

Eleveniseven,

You weren't the one in the video were you?

Zenfest is coming up, are you going to be able to make it again?

Would love to meet you too!

zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #3 - 08/30/11 at 00:30:37

I wondered the same thing Zygi.
I did want to comment on the language on the video, Steve talks like I do!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Eleveniseven
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 08/30/11 at 02:51:49

No, lol. I don't think that was me. what video was it? I am going to do my best to make it up there this year. I would like to meet all you guys. I really can't wait

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #5 - 08/30/11 at 05:33:41

Eleveniseven,

Here is the video I was speaking of....
https://www.decware.com/newsite/zenfest2010.html

Donnie,

That makes three of us....I think I may be worse that Steve Wink

ZYGI

IP Logged
Juan Antonio

Reply #6 - 08/30/11 at 10:51:26

I thought exactly the same.

Nice and interesting speech from Steve. Even better wearing sandals with white socks.

PD: Aren't the corner horns amazing? May be disadvantages on the bass imaging (the bass is not focused, it's everywhere due to being placed at the corners) , but....

IP Logged
Eleveniseven
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 08/30/11 at 15:39:25

the corner horns are for sure awesome! i listened to most of his speakers, i have to say i was really impressed with the DNA horns. which are his newest design. i think i spent the most time with them. they do not disappoint.
ill check out the video, thanks!

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #8 - 08/30/11 at 22:02:57

So Juan, what wrong with sandals and white socks? I do it all the time around the house. In fact that is what I work in most of the summer.

It may not be the cool factor, but when you are on your feet all day, it becomes the comfort factor.....Mike calls them my Jesus sandals....

Comfort is number one........

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #9 - 08/31/11 at 01:25:35

yea, Jesus Sandals......

I actually didn't know the thing was on.  I figured for the feed sample it would be pretty odd to sit and watch a video of an empty room with great music playing, but nothing moving... so I motion activated the recording figuring that I'd just put myself on the video setting things up during the day... seems to work.

I'm glad to be doing this testing before the fest because I now know to wear a hat to keep from blinding the camera.  I'll also have to put a sign up that says "RECORDING LIVE" to remind people they're on TV.  I apologize in advance for any f-bombs or excessive honesty.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Eleveniseven
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 08/31/11 at 02:41:27

Hey Fellas...um, that is me in the video! holy crap! lol,
I saw the camera up there actually, but i didnt think much of it. i havent watched the whole thing, hope i didnt say anything too stupid. haha!
lol, i cant believe im on the decware website. this is cracking me up.
thanks again steve, that trip to your place was worth every second of the drive bro!

IP Logged
Juan Antonio

Reply #11 - 08/31/11 at 13:27:27

Eleveniseven, lol, after all you didn't know you were recorded on live, hahaha, funny.

"So Juan, what wrong with sandals and white socks? I do it all the time around the house. In fact that is what I work in most of the summer.

It may not be the cool factor, but when you are on your feet all day, it becomes the comfort factor.....Mike calls them my Jesus sandals....

Comfort is number one........
"

Bob, hehe, no problem with that at all Wink. I said what I said because it's cool, nothing more nothing less. Yep, not the most fashioned shit, but worths it, less rubbing. I do know it's commonly used. I rarely wear socks with sandals. Even I rarely wear sandals in summer because my feet need orthopedic insoles so I wear slippers and sneakers around the house. Comfy shoes too.

Sandals with socks are actually odd here in Spain, in terms of fashion and practical way. We could say that if I wear sandals is for keeping feet fresh and cool when it's hot. Wearing them with socks is a bit useless in the point of view (not my personal point of view, because they are less comfy like that). So it's more desirable, and I prefer it, to wear comfy shoes or sneakers/trainers instead of sandals WITH socks.
Personally I don't care about fashion so much. I'd like to choose comfort over fashion all the way, specially at home. I'd like to wear the comfiest, simplest and poorest clothes around the house, if not just with underpants (if nobody there) or shorts. My bro takes it further walking barefoot. Contrary to many people I see, who wear good looking outdoor clothes at home as well.

"the corner horns are for sure awesome! i listened to most of his speakers, i have to say i was really impressed with the DNA horns. which are his newest design. i think i spent the most time with them. they do not disappoint. "

It seemed you were deciding between those and the HDT Mark II for what I watched. Then which ones?

" I'm glad to be doing this testing before the fest because I now know to wear a hat to keep from blinding the camera"  

hahaha, so joker.

"I apologize in advance for any f-bombs or excessive honesty"

No, man. That way is even better, it's raw, natural and real, more fun.

IP Logged
Eleveniseven
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 08/31/11 at 15:16:10

yeah, i was really deciding between the DNA horns, and the hdt mark II. i really liked both. for the stuff im going to listen to, the other speakers were too accurate, they really showed the problems in the recordings i brought. the HDT MkII and dna horns were both more friendly and "hifi" sounding as steve put it. which i seemed to enjoy more, at least with the music i prefer to hear.
i think i am going to build a pair of HDT mkII's first, while im waiting on the DNA horn plans to come out. I really think i liked the DNA horns better, at least for my situation. I have an extremely small listening room, and they imaged so well it was amazing. im going to build both, just so i can say i did. lol Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print