Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 21:42:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Eminent Price Increase on Trapeziums (Read 13061 times)
ZYGI
YaBB Moderator

HR-ONE

Eminent Price Increase on Trapeziums
08/26/11 at 15:40:40

I'm not sure when this might happen, but with the price of any driver using Neodymium Magnets has taken a  major increase, it's bound to happen with the drivers used in the Trapeziums. When I say soon, it will be as soon as our supplier runs out of current stock.

The problem is, we do not know how much the increase will be. In the case of the HiVi tweeter used in most of the Decware line, the price increased by 150%. The magnets used in the HiVi tweeter are about 1/10th the size of the woofer magnet on the Traps woofer, about the same amount as the tweeter used in the Trapeziums

When we started building the Trapeziums, but before we released them the price on the drivers had just about doubled. I thought at that point that that was it. I found out yesterday that the price would SKYROCKET. But that was all they could tell me.

I'm trying my best to stay on top of the Trapezium orders, so I can use the present inventory, but when that runs out, and depending on how much of a price hike is placed on the drivers, we might not be able to fulfill the order at the ordered price. It just wouldn't make sense to build/sell something and loose money on it.  

Just a heads up,

ZYGI

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Eminent Price Increase on Trapeziums
Reply #1 - 08/26/11 at 22:43:45

Already got mine. I was also lucky to buy my MG944's at the old price

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
stevef
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/13/11 at 21:06:46

Zygi, I feel your pain. My usual source for neo tweeters jacked up prices a whole lot!  I did manage to grab two pair from another source. Are you comsidering a different woofer?

Steve

IP Logged
ZYGI
YaBB Moderator

HR-ONE

Reply #3 - 09/15/11 at 17:08:56

Steve,

No Not even going to consider a woofer change. The tweeter also used a neo magnet.

If there is a 4 inch'er we don't have or didn't try, its hiding underground. When we hit this one, it was just too special in all aspects. With the largest being good bass response in such a small cabinet.

So not looking to make a change, it just wouldn't be a Trapezium with anything else.

zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/16/11 at 03:02:35

A few weeks back, I posted a note about prices of Chinese supplies of neodymium skyrocketing. Looks like the chickens are already coming home to roost.

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print