Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 14:43:02 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
klipsch with zen triode ?? (Read 5154 times)
GlennH
Ex Member

klipsch with zen triode ??
06/17/11 at 16:19:35

i am thinking the zen triode ia se 23 I.2 will match up nicely with my klipsch la scala II's. has anyone tried this yet. i also might hook it
up to my heresy III's. input would be appreciated.
glennh
key largo

IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Re: klipsch with zen triode ??
Reply #1 - 06/20/11 at 16:09:34

Hello Glenn, and welcome to the madness.

Have you had a look at the Mini Torii?  Slightly less power, but also lower hum+noise, and a tube rollers dream.  My thinking is that you want the quietest amp to match with such high sensitivity speakers.  

I use SE84C+ with Heritage (forte ii) and love it, fwiw.  Many fello Klipsch guys would complain about lack of overall power, but I must not listen quite as loud as them.  If you live under 100db (and if you care for your hearing you certainly should), even the low power Decware gear is sufficient power wise, particularly with LaScalas.

IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/28/11 at 18:58:43

Another thought...the Klipsch lend themselves to passive bi-amping very well.  You could get away with one of the less powerful offerings if they're only for the mids and highs.  Same applies for fully active, but that's kind of a PIA to dial in and requires more kit.

'Scalas are super fun.  I only wish they fit in my house.

IP Logged
Rob

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 07/08/11 at 20:09:52

For  2+  yrs  I  used  my pair  of  SE84C-Selects  with a  pair of  Klipsch  Conwalls.  It  was  a  GREAT  combination. My listenng  room was  just  too small  for  them  to  be  enjoyed to their  fullest, and  I  decided to  go  with  the  Decware HDTs.

(2) SE84C-Selects
HDTs w/Aurum Cantis Ribbons on home-made 2" solid maple plinths
Sunfire True Sub(x'ed@42hz/o gain)
Shanling CDT100(hot-modded)
PSAudio 600
Custom 99.999% silver sprk cables & ICs
Decware silver/teflon "Y"
Lots-a-tubes,cones & spikes
  IP Logged
nico

Reply #4 - 08/06/11 at 15:54:53

Since two days I can tell you that in my opinion the La Scala's and the ZEN amp are a very good match.
Indeed there is a small hum when standing in front of the speakers [not beeing the result of external influence, but the simple combination of this amp with these 104Db efficient speakers].
My room is not big; the distance between speakers and listening seat is only about 4 metres but over there the hum is only faintly heard when music is not playing. It is a minor fact which does not keep me from beeing "grabbed" by the music every time. If you're further away from your LS's while listening ,you should have no problems with that; only with getting yourself out of your chair while listening late at night and going to bed..... Wink
Nico

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print