Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 21:35:41 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Humidity and sound quality (Read 4782 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Humidity and sound quality
06/14/11 at 01:29:06

Has anyone ever broached the question of relitive humidity and sound quality? I'm wondering if I should humidify or de-humidify my listening room?
The only thing I found by Googling was this http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-airpressure.htm
I'm too tired to start caculations right now, I sat in a geometric tolerancing class for 9 hours today and I'm too grumpy to add 2+2.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
kana813
Ex Member

Re: Humidity and sound quality
Reply #1 - 06/14/11 at 08:10:20

Humidity only affects sound quality if you have the positive and negative runs of your speaker cables separated by 4.224" or 107.2896 MM.

This spacing will cause the magnetic resonance in your brain to made some shit up and damage the specific gas constant of the air in your inner ear according to Blaise Pascal's standard hydrostatic pressure calculations.

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/14/11 at 14:32:00

Gas in your ear? I thought for sure the gas would be located further south. Wink

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #3 - 06/14/11 at 23:05:29

I knew that someone out there would get me!
I figure that in a couple of years someone will come out with a "High End" air management system that controls humidity and density. Come on they have convenced you that by changing the last 3 foot of the power transmission line makes things sound "better". Why not the air in your room.
I see $$$$ to be made.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
walt
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/15/11 at 05:37:08

I was under the impression that humidity or increased air density would allow sound waves couple better with the room.  I believe this is makes sense and even at radio frequency's wave propagation is better as humidity increases.  And we are not talking any more expense than a humidifier if your climate demands it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print