Send Topic Print
voice coil cleaning (Read 2665 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

voice coil cleaning
05/26/11 at 23:35:01

There may be a possibility that my speaker driver has some dirt in the voice coil gap. Does anyone know what might be a way to clean it out without any disassembly?

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
proud_indian
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: voice coil cleaning
Reply #1 - 05/27/11 at 04:55:57

I not aware of which driver you are talking about, but if is like the lowthers, then the Lowther site has a detailed note on it.

shreekant  :)

Oppo, hdd,84c, pm6a, cd200, foreplay lll, zbox, bottlehead sex amp, zob, various stuff that make up two systems
WWW   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: voice coil cleaning
Reply #2 - 05/27/11 at 16:24:47

Thank you.  It is the FRX driver. One of them has a very reduced volume. I was hoping that there would be a simple answer, but the more that I evaluate the problem, the more it seems to be an internal issue like maybe with a connection on the secondary coil or something. There is no rubbing sound and the cone seems to move freely. The other driver in comparison sounds fantastic, right out of the box.....

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print