Send Topic Print
Is it just me? (Read 4702 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Is it just me?
05/04/11 at 23:56:14

Does it seem like things are picking up around here? A month ago no one would come out and play. Now I can't keep up with everything that is going on. I like having other people around here teaching me things.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Is it just me?
Reply #1 - 05/05/11 at 00:48:44

It's not just you. There IS more activity. A good thing!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/05/11 at 01:56:28

Agreed. I think it is a good thing as well, particularly on a forum where—thanks in no small part to the tone of its sponsor—the members seem to have a common desire for what I would call the musical experience, as opposed to the equipment arms race. Not that the equipment doesn't matter or isn't fun . . . it does and it is. But the equipment isn't the end game. What Steve calls the "out of body experience" is the goal.

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #3 - 05/06/11 at 01:03:11

Awesome! I haven't had time to breathe for months. My first visit back to the boards in a very long time and the first post I see is that it is busy! I can't wait to do some catching up!
I have to agree Pale Rider. The tone of this forum and the search for the experience is what has kept me coming back to this forum, it's members, and its creators for so many years.

The graveyard is full of important men
musgofasa   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #4 - 05/06/11 at 02:02:12

Pale, I really like what you said about a"Equipment arms race". It seems that no one here is trying to impress anyone with their new megabuck system. The vibe is laid back and helpful, not "I've got and you ain't".
I myself need guidence not 'tudes. I'm just a old farmboy turned metalcutter, not a sonic expert.

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/06/11 at 14:05:03

Grew up on a farm myself in Wisconsin Donnie. God's Country. Sure could use some good metalcutting skills out here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia. I love it out here, but sometime it does feel like I am living in an outdoor asylum. Met a fellow the other day, we got talking audio, and it didn't take him 30 seconds to tell me he had just plopped down 15k per for some monoblocks whose names I don't recall.

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #6 - 05/06/11 at 23:29:56

Pale,
I'm in the "Soybean capital of the world", Decatur Il, figuring out how to machine the biggest trucks in the world. And if I had 30K to drop on some monoblocks I'd buy myself another Torii and use the rest to pay my house off. Money always seems to be wasted on those with no taste.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print