Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For Sale: HDT Towers (Read 3227 times)
Craigus
Ex Member

For Sale: HDT Towers
04/15/11 at 22:36:08

Hi,

My HDT Towers are for sale/pickup in the California Bay Area. The speakers are in unfinished MDF, made by a professional furniture maker.

They are fully functional, but without drivers because I moved them (DF-8's) to the new speakers - Carfrae Little Big Horns. This gives you the flexibility to put in the driver you want, but the holes are already there if you want to use the DFR-8's (highly recommended).

The price is $450.

Contact me if you would like to see or hear them, I can temporarily move the DF-8's back into the cabinets for you. Please contact me for pictures or more specifics.

Craig
408-536-6047

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Re: For Sale: HDT Towers
Reply #1 - 04/16/11 at 17:11:30

Great price. Congrats on the Carfraes. Beautiful speakers. I kinda have my heart set on ERRs for the home system, otherwise I would be driving down today!

If you don't mind my asking, how did you come by your LBHs? Did you get them from Creation or some other source, and flat-pack or built?

Cheers!

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
Craigus
Ex Member

Re: For Sale: HDT Towers
Reply #2 - 04/18/11 at 22:51:07

Hi,

The LBH's were built for me by a couple local furniture makers. It was a very expensive and long term project, but in the end the results "sound" great.

I think Creation is actually the better way to go because they use CNC milling which avoids all the non-linearities on the exterior surface that take FOREVER to smooth out. I suppose this roughness on the inside may have its acoustical advantages in my case, but the outside definitely had a low WAF until I spent about $3K to get them "smoothed" out, hence the second furniture maker (the first one was burned out by this point).

Craig

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print