Send Topic Print
Excitment builds (Read 607 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Excitment builds
04/05/11 at 23:17:57

I noticed today that my MG 944's are in finishing and slated to ship on 4/8. That is the best news that I have heard in weeks.
Then I noticed that no orders are being taken on Torii's because parts are back ordered.
Damn, the way my luck has been running lately, they ran out of parts while building mine. Oh well worse things have happened before and I got through it.
I am still wound up though, I really hope that everything lives up to my expectations.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Brett

Re: Excitment builds
Reply #1 - 04/10/11 at 19:25:27

I've had a chance to audition Decware ERR's and I can assure you will not be disappointed with the build quality or the sound. Seeing these speakers in person, you get the sense that you are somehow cheating the system. Every thing else in this price range seems cheap and speakers costing much more become very suspect.

What are planning to power these with? What's your room look like?

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 04/10/11 at 20:59:00

Brett,
I will be powering them with a new Torii 3, fed from a ZDAC-1 with a front end of a Wadia 170I with a Ipod or my laptop.
The room is a interesting question, I have two rooms to pick from. Room #1 is 16' X 18' X 8'. Room #2 is 26' X 16' X 8'. Room #1 is the most likely to be used, but it has several alcoves that may or may not let it work. Room # 2 is very lively but may calm down when new carpet is installed next week. I guess I will be dragging things around for a while, or at least until my wife starts to complain.

IP Logged
Brett

Reply #3 - 04/10/11 at 22:47:36

I'll just put this here...

Carpet will do wonders. Yep that amp should give you plenty of volume even in those large rooms.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #4 - 04/10/11 at 23:37:39

It looks like I need to lower the floors!

IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #5 - 05/06/11 at 02:18:37

HI Donnie,
I have heard the MG's quite a few times. You will definitely NOT be disappointed!

I see the last post was a month ago. Have you got them yet?

The graveyard is full of important men
musgofasa   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #6 - 05/06/11 at 23:46:05

Musgofasa,
I have had my MG's for a few weeks now. They are way more than I expected. I just noticed that the bass has picked up even more than what they had a few days ago.
My system is somewhat hobbled at this point. I somehow have broken a Decware product. My ZDAC-1 is now back at the mother ship getting refilled with magic. The current thinking is that my computer let it's Demon's excape into the DAC and they ate all of the magic.
My Torii is now running off of the output of a Ipod, I shouldn't say running more like whispering. The ZDAC will fix all of my ill's.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print