Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 06:53:27 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zen Triode Integrated SE34I.2+ Speaker Match? (Read 4853 times)
SCUMM
Ex Member

Zen Triode Integrated SE34I.2+ Speaker Match?
03/13/11 at 23:33:38

I may have a lead on a used pair of Zu Omens in my area and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on this particular speaker.  I was also considering the Decware ERR.  The Omen's are finacially a great deal but considering room placement (not many options as it would not be a dedicated listening area) would the ERRs be a better choice? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

IP Logged
SCUMM
Ex Member

Re: Zen Triode Integrated SE34I.2+ Speaker Match?
Reply #1 - 03/16/11 at 12:41:19

Sooo... not much activity in these here forums.

IP Logged
MikeZ@turningpointaudio
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 03/16/11 at 14:03:45

Scumm-
From the two speakers your debating, it's like tangelos and oranges.
The Zu Omens are front firing full range driver with super tweeter and the ERR's are omni-directional radials with a ribbon tweeter. While the Omens are 12 ohms with 98dB efficiency, they will work with the Integrated fine. The ERR's are 8ohms and 93dB efficient. I know that Decware Tube Amps would rather have lower impedance to drive against. This in turn gives more power to the speaker at a lower impedance. Having a chance to hear both, I would say the Omen's are impressive and the ERR's are very involving. If you have a small room the ERR's will be a better fit. On the other hand if you have a larger room for sitting distance from the speaker both will work.
So the question might be, do you want a front facing driver or omni-directional one? Both have similar box measurements.
Just a little something to put in your coffee and stir around this morning.
Welcome to the forums
Mike

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 03/16/11 at 16:53:56

Scumm, I've actually not heard either speaker though I own an Integrated, and I shouldn't have an opinion.

I have had RL1s, and now have RL2s and the Radial speaker that Bob builds, and I don't think I could EVER go back to a box speaker again. The Radial design brings a body and realism to reproduced sound that I won't be without.

I hope to hear the ERRs one day, maybe this year (long-standing "special" order) and I agree with Mike (though it's not backed up with his real experience with both speakers):  if you have a large area, the efficiency of the Zu and their nature would make them a great choice. If you were to go with the ERRs the Integrated may run out of steam in a large room. But man, what an image and sound stage they'll give you in a small to medium space!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print