Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 23:51:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Speaker recommendation for Decware owners (Read 4856 times)
Andrew Robinson
Ex Member

Speaker recommendation for Decware owners
02/03/11 at 18:17:14

I'm sure many of you who are fans of Steve's electronics are also a fan of his speakers. I can not speak from personal experience for I've yet to hear one of Steve's loudspeaker designs. That being said, I've recently taken delivery of a pair of Zu Audio Omen Def loudspeakers that work beautifully with my Zen Select amplifier thanks to their 6 Ohm impedance and 98dB efficiency.

The Zu Audio Omen Def sell direct through Zu's own website and retail for $3,100 a pair, which I know is more than many of Steve's designs, but they do go on sale from time to time. They're a good speaker, worth checking out for sure and sound wonderful when driven by Decware electronics.

Just thought I'd add another option to the list.

IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Re: Speaker recommendation for Decware owners
Reply #1 - 02/03/11 at 22:02:50

Welcome to the forum!

I happened to see you review of Sandy Gross' new creations in which you used a Zen for part of the review, very cool!    

(Here's a link, for the curious:
http://hometheaterreview.com/goldenear-technology-triton-two-loudspeaker-reviewe...)

I have a pair of Zens, and one of my favorite combos is with them (bridged) driving a pair of DT 7006's, another Gross creation.  I like that pairing better than the Zens with the more sensitive speakers I own.  The vanishing act (speakers, walls, everything but the music) works freakishly well.  And with a pair of Zens driving, they get plenty loud.

There is a severe lack of reviews of Decware speakers out there.  Do you have plans to reveiw any other Decware gear?  I would love to hear how some HDT's or ERR's would stack up against your new Zus.    

IP Logged
Andrew Robinson
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/04/11 at 00:15:40

I would welcome the chance to review anything made by Steve, especially his loudspeakers-in fact I've been in contact with him recently to do just that. No word on when or what may be up for review but I'm trying.

Glad you enjoyed the Triton Two review. Sandy Gross is a great guy and a good designer who just so happened to have purchased a Decware Integrated amp after reading my review of his loudspeakers. He's a big tube guy and SET fan not to mention a HUGE fan of full-range electrostatic loudspeakers. His personal reference system is built around a pair of Quads.

IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/04/11 at 19:46:26

If you can convince him, try to get your hands on the OB's with his hot-rodded FRX drivers.  The specs look, well, spectacular.  I think Steve may have hit a grand slam with that design.  Open baffle unboxiness, unsurpassed speed/transient response, super flat freq response, excellent off axis response, and actual bass flat to 50hz, all from a single driver high-effficiency speaker?   I'd love to get my mits on those!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print