Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 23:15:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CNET article on Decware (Read 9849 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

CNET article on Decware
12/19/10 at 03:21:57

CNET interviewed us last week and recently posted a short piece on Decware at the following link:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20025983-47.html?tag=mncol;txt

One of the last things interviewer Steve Guttenberg wrote was a request for comments...  

Before I go further, the demographic for this blog is over 250,000 readers of which the vast majority are NOT audiophiles.

I couldn't help but find it interesting how fast the self-anointed idiots, I mean experts, found the article and proceeded to bash tube gear.  

It's a rude reminder of the overwhelming ignorance that exists about tube gear and high end audio in general.  

-Steve   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Re: CNET article on Decware
Reply #1 - 12/20/10 at 22:40:19

There has never been a shortage of ignorance on the internet.

My ears tell me all I need to know about Decware products.

IP Logged
opnly_bafld
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/20/10 at 23:19:18

Nice article.
Some of the responses....I don't know whether to Grinor Cry

Lin

IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/23/10 at 16:19:28

What I don't understand is the vitriol.  Why on earth are some folks so threatened over something like tube amps?  Aren't there bigger fish to fry in those folk's live's?  It's like Guttenberg insulted their diety or something.  Funny that such folks use an outdated definition of what hi-fi is, while Steve uses even older technology to blow their suppositions right out of the water.

I must be some sort of pagan; I like ss and tubes, sometimes together!  (I use my SE84-C's in a bi-amped system.)  And I've had transcendental experiences listening to Beethoven's 9th on a table top radio, so I'm always vulnerable to the music regardless of the delivery method.

While some of the comments are negative publicity, hopefully this piques the interest of some looking for American made stereo gear.  It would be just deserts for the naysayers if Steve can generate some business from this.

IP Logged
MikeS
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/23/10 at 18:48:39

I saw that one, too... and the comments from the um, people.

Great exposure for U.S.-made gear, Steve!
I hope it generates interest, awareness and even some sales.

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #5 - 12/23/10 at 21:42:10

Makes you question the "rest of the news" as reported by the media,
ne fait pas il ?
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 12/24/10 at 03:27:51

The people who posted over there are venom spurting lunatics who would bash anything that pops up in front of them.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
MikeZ@turningpointaudio
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 12/24/10 at 19:10:35

Honestly I wanted to put a response there. But I know the interwebs and bashing is the easiest thing to do. I have only this in response. I have a set of desktop speakers that I use, primarily for gaming. I used a T-amp 15x2 simple little guy. After hearing a SET from Decware, I couldn't go back to the T-amp. It was like a thousand strands of rope were sliced into inches, then taped back together with the T-amp. I turn on the zen and everything changed. Not only were the thousand pieces of rope a single strand, the imaging was out of this world. I could hear people behind me with only two speakers! Tubes have changed my world and the sound I hear in that said world. The only people I know who can hear what I am hearing are using headphones. I know this is a taboo because I am probably the only one here who games and uses the speakers as an advantage. But the Decware philosophy on the first watt sucking has me continuing to two. That's all I need. Thank you Decware and your need, might not be what you thought at first, for making the first watt rock.

WWW   IP Logged
JLM
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/24/10 at 20:51:30

I don't recall anyone ever complementing a piece by saying it sounded "solid state like".   Wink

IP Logged
waveydavey
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 12/24/10 at 22:06:29

I kinda scanned the link for all of a min.. Been a very happy owner of a  Taboo since Aug/06, and that's all I need to know...

Perhaps some of those know it all types should experience a DecFest,  and hear for themselves  why many people are interested in Decware gear and valve tech..

Still have yet to burn out a tube with fairly heavy use, and have had many pleasurable hours engrossed and discovering the music..

Money well spent in my books!

Edit: I haven't been to a Fest myself, but rather took a leap of faith to purchase from reading many of the favorable comments on the site.. I bought when the C dollar was quite down compared to the US.. Still, even though it cost me considerable more than our US neighbors would have had to spend, it was and is worth every penny that I made through hard work.. Things don't come easy to me and I'm cautious when spending money, as far as my purchase and dealings with Decware, no regrets at all...

IP Logged
Andrew Robinson
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 02/03/11 at 17:40:13

Having done my share of business over the Internet I've learned that positive word of mouth travels by just that, the mouth where as negative comments travel via the Internet.

Those of us in the know wouldn't trade our beloved Decware for anything else, even if we may own some of this so-called better solid state stuff too. As for those who don't know about Decware it really is their loss and over time they'll either take the plunge like the rest of us or go on drinking the audiophile cool-aid that mandates you must spend $$$ in order to increase performance.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print