05/17/24 at 06:54:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: SE84C-S Amplifier (Read 6157 times)
hdspeakerman
Ex Member

FS: SE84C-S Amplifier
10/31/10 at 18:37:05

Purchased in January 2003.  Used with Klipsch speakers. Selling to finance repair to #1 preamp.  Original tubes still have life in them plus a few for rolling.  New to the forum but known at Parts Express forum and perfect record on Ebay as hdspeakerman. Asking $450 / Walnut base included.  
Howard
Ste Genevieve, Mo.

IP Logged
Hajj
Ex Member

Re: FS: SE84C-S Amplifier
Reply #1 - 11/01/10 at 17:09:21

Hi Howard,
Welcome to the forums.
A couple of pics of your amp, and a list of the complementary tubes would definitely help with raising interest and accelerating the sale
just my 2 cents.
Regards
Nick

IP Logged
hdspeakerman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/01/10 at 21:46:00

Nick,
Thanks for the advice.  I am not a very experienced seller.  I usually am buying.  I will get my wife to shoot some pictures when she gets home tomorrow.  
Howard

IP Logged
Hajj
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/02/10 at 10:08:14

I have been looking into buying a set of klipsch for my sound system.
I am currently using a full range driver setup.
I was looking at either La Scala's, Chorus II's, or Forte II's.
What does your klipsch setup consist of? How good were they with 2 watts of power?
Any insight is welcome.
Thanks
Nick.

IP Logged
hdspeakerman
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/02/10 at 11:40:51

Nick,
I have a pair of K horn so the power was not a problem.  I could listen to them as loud as I wanted.  I believe they have an efficiency rating of 104 db for 1 watt of power.  I like to swap my speakers out about every week and the 2.5 watts was not enough power for some of my other speakers ... Tannoy, Bozak, Boston Acoustic, etc.  I also have too many tube amps and need money for a preamp repair.  I think the Klipsch are definitely worth trying.  If you like them then you are set.  I hope I answered your question.  
Howard

IP Logged
hdspeakerman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/03/10 at 02:25:33

100_4968.jpg (2.3 MB)
This is a photo of the amp with a Sovtek 6n1p. (2) Svetlana SV83s and a Chinese 5U4G rectifier.  I will include a Phillips JAN 6922, (2) Sovtek EL84 and a Sovtek 5U4G rectifier and the Decware walnut case I bought with the amp in Jan 2003.  All tubes have low hours.
Howard
I guess photo is too large.  I will try to compress it.  Any help on how to load a picture would be very helpful. Email me at fishspeakAThotmaildot com and i will send pictures to you if interested

IP Logged
ken
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/04/10 at 19:39:44

Hi hdspeakerman, I would like to see the pictures. Could you relist your hotmail address, I tried it and it didn't work. Ken

IP Logged
hdspeakerman
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/05/10 at 00:11:01

fishspeak at hotmail dot com
replace at and dot with correct symbols
howard

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print