Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 07:27:40 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Something brought to my attention (Read 4033 times)
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Something brought to my attention
09/04/10 at 15:26:06

If anyone has any incite....Voice your opinions here!!!!

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1283540711&&&/Decware-any-substanc...

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Something brought to my attention
Reply #1 - 09/04/10 at 17:53:03

I am not given to resorting to retorting, but the following was posted there:

09-04-10: Rivieraranch

They ARE dead quiet. No spitting, sparks, smoke or humming. No glue or cheap Chinese parts inside and no gaudy exteriors. Their value far exceeds their price, which galls some audio consumers who buy in part based upon a large price tag.

The designer will make himself available for personal one-on-one conversations about the equipment and its use. They make products for the love of good sound, not just to achieve a pre-determined profit margin.

"Genuine" reviews? There are plenty of them; some are linked or posted on the DECWARE site. A 6Moons review of the original TABOO comes to mind. In addition to that, there are a plethora of detailed posts regarding use and enjoyment of DECWARE equipment.

I have owned several pieces of DECWARE equipment and have been happy and satisfied with each one. The products go through updating and revisions in the quest for continual improvement.

Not going to RMAF? So what. They don't need to. They are quiet company that maintains a low key profile; they do not engage in specious self promotion either.

" . . .that once experienced they don't have the typical audiophile itch to try other amps. I'm specifically struck by the new Torii MKIII push-pull amp, which in description and looks is just beautiful. . . ."

Duh. If somebody likes the DECWARE equipment it is logical not to look elsewhere.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #2 - 09/04/10 at 20:16:19

Smitten with audio/music reproduction since the early '60's, I've tried MANY different components over the years!
Decware is absolutely first class!  The quality per $$ ratio, combined with
product support is second to none. Then there's the sonic value--
no wonder many a journey has ended with these products!
To overlook this equipment is to make a big mistake, one that'll probably cost tons more $$s, with much less satisfaction.
Yes, Virginia, Decware is indeed more than just "a nice website"
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 09/04/10 at 21:24:29

I'm sort of taking a vacation from posting, but I'll just say that you know how I feel, right?  Decware defines modern bang for buck. You CAN'T get gear assembled the way that Steve and Bob et al assemble it for this little money anywhere else. And you can't get the quality components they use for this little money anywhere else.  And you can't get sound like this anywhere else. . . I almost want to say for any money, because it's a unique sound these days, that combines the "old school" solid sound with modern clarity and speed.

I'm always disappointed when I mention or recommend Decware and get a shrug because they don't advertise and court glowing reviews and develop a "prestige jewel image." I find the narrowness of many to be a surprise and it sure is unfortunate as much is missed going with Marantz, AR, etc.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
ntjetsmoke
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/09/10 at 04:37:25

OK! All of the faithful Decheads call the calvary. Every time one of us posts to the A gon thread Mr. Deckert gets hundreds if not thousands of $ worth of exposure Wink. All of this to potential new business.

NT jetsmoke

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print