Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 00:44:11 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Late night listening... (Read 5146 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Late night listening...
06/30/10 at 06:55:05

I just have one thing to say...

God bless Diana Krall at 1:00 in the morning on a pair of 6 watt triodes.  If I die tomorrow and my hole life was in vain, the last 40 minutes made it all worth it.

Without ears to hear, all the words in the world mean nothing.

Good night,

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Late night listening...
Reply #1 - 06/30/10 at 11:36:35

I'll agree with everything there. . .except Diana Krall doesn't do too much for me. Smiley

I'm enjoying the many hours of listening that my "retirement" has brought me. . . . Though I'll be going back to work soon, it's been a wonderful two years.  My system has gotten better and better sounding and I can drift in peaceful reading and resting  for hours and hours while listening to glorious music.  It's not unappreciated!

To be honest, my favorite hours are the first two or three of the day.  5 to 8 a.m. or so. I'm not much of a late night person.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Sysygy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/15/10 at 05:51:00

Her Live in Paris DVD is one of my favorites. She is a great piano player and surrounds herself with superior musicians.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 07/19/10 at 12:29:47

No doubt.  I'm just not a fan.  She doesn't reach ME, I don't have an emotional tie to her performances and the music she creates. Glad she does many others, and has even served as an entryway into jazz for some.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Sysygy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/20/10 at 03:31:54

Hi Lon,   I did not mean for my post to sound abrasive or that I was flaming you. I am sorry if you felt that way. I just wanted to convey that I really like that DVD.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 07/20/10 at 11:53:33

Oh I didn't take your post that way.  And I'm not really knocking Ms Krall, she just doesn't really appeal to me, but I do see her appeal for others. There are so many pianists and singers and we can't listen or watch them all.

IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/21/10 at 01:35:45

I'm one of those chaps who sometimes loves the quiet/smooth jazz.  Sorta calms my nerves!  Diana Krall is on the top of my list for that kind of music.

Dennis

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print