Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 08:50:41 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE34-i (first gen.) voltage question (Read 2737 times)
Hajj
Ex Member

SE34-i (first gen.) voltage question
04/29/10 at 12:10:16

I have just received from the USA the SE34-i I bought used a couple of month ago (yup, overseas shipping is a B!%$@) and in the manual (and on the socket on the amp) it says that the amp is wired for both 115 and 230V main.
The mains voltage In my house is 230V, and had it been any other equipment, i would not have not hesitated to connect it to the main and test it.
But on the newer Decware amps, you are usually asked to specify the voltage when ordering....
So the question is: can I connect the amp directly to the 230V main, or do I have to either provide and transformer or  select a switch on the amp?
Pardon both the thick question and the fact that i posted it in the general discussion forum, but i have noticed that the support forums for older equipment see very little traffic...
Thanks
Nick

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: SE34-i (first gen.) voltage question
Reply #1 - 04/30/10 at 02:32:05

The amplifier was wired for either 120 or 240 volts pending where you purchased it from.  If it was wired for 120 and you plug it into 240 you'll have a smoke show...  If worse comes to worse, take the bottom off and post a picture of the insides here on the forum and we'll figure it out.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Hajj
Ex Member

Re: SE34-i (first gen.) voltage question
Reply #2 - 05/02/10 at 19:47:13

I flipped the amp to open it and saw the sticker on it with the specs, and they say 110V...
:(
So I think I'm going to have to buy a 110-220V transformer. should work, right?
Is there a way to rewire the internals so that the amp can run on 220V mains directly?
Thanks
Nick

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print