05/05/24 at 01:07:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Joe Bonamassa (Read 4115 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Joe Bonamassa
03/20/10 at 21:01:34

Saw him last night here in Phoenix.  He played for 2 hours and he amazed everyone there.  It was a fabulous show...loud, clean and the Orpheum Theater, built in 1926 or so, sounded great.  Not a bad seat in the house.

Joe played a big array of guitars, almost a different one per song, mostly Gibsons.  He even had a solo acoustic set which was rather mind blowing for this day and age when the guitar as a solo instrument in popular music has just about disappeared.

Wow, what a talented guy!!

He is 32 and has a long career ahead of him.  His new CD drops on Tuesday and I've pre-ordered it.  I'll review when I get it if anyone is interested in Joe's music.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Re: Joe Bonamassa
Reply #1 - 03/21/10 at 00:02:15

*grows a jealous branch*

I LOVE Joe Bonamassa. He was here recently for a radio (morning talk show that I never listen to, but a co-worker keeps it on - I heard Joe "The Master" and I shut down while the interview continued. He is actually very cool on the informal mic format) show and he played some acoustic stuff live.

Freeking RoXXors!!

I would really enjoy to see him live.

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/21/10 at 02:22:28

I've got the Live at the Royal Albert Hall DVD and you can see that Joe is just a "Regular" Joe.  He is a bit dorky and not even close to any kind of rock star about him which is refreshing.

Here is a clip of Joe with Clapton.  I'm not a big fan of Clapton but he admired Hendrix and that's good enough for me.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/21/10 at 21:09:23

I have the Royal Albert Hall DVD, also.

Love it.

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/23/10 at 06:08:58

Joe's new CD drops tomorrow.  Hopefully, Amazon does as promised and delivers it on time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print