Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 02:32:02 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oh boy! the new V-cap is out and it´s a beauty!!!! (Read 11650 times)
lightmaster

life is too short
for bad hifi.
Really!

Oh boy! the new V-cap is out and it´s a beauty!!!!
03/10/10 at 22:18:47

well once again, open your pockets, take some cash out, open your amps and warm up your irons!

the copper Vcap CuTF V-cap arrived

http://174.132.244.231/copper-teflon-capacitors.php

“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.” Albert E.
WWW lightmaster   IP Logged
Crazy Bill the Eel Killer
Seasoned Member

Tubes Rule !!

Re: Oh boy! the new V-cap is out and it´s a beauty!!!!
Reply #1 - 03/11/10 at 15:24:02

Hello Francesco,

Guess I'm going to have to sell some excess vinyl and cds on Fleabay, cause I HAVE TO HAVE THEM !!!!

thanks for the link. I started breadboarding a CCS loaded EF86/EL84 amp last week. For coupling caps I have Ampohm tin foil/PIO  in hand, which I'll use first, and then compare them to Rusky teflons ( FT3 ) that I also have here. By then I should have enough extra moulah to get these new V-caps. I can only imagine just how good they are going to be ! It will make for an interesting comparison.

Cheers,          Crazy Bill

IP Logged
veryoldcat
Seasoned Member

dam*ed if you do,
and dam*ed if you
don't

Reply #2 - 03/13/10 at 03:35:38

Well, I'll be the first on the block I guess, for the new CuTF's,  as I've got half a dozen of the .047's on order for an in progress project.

I absolutely couldn't resist... (must have, must have)

Karl

SE84CS (vcapped), CSP, zbox, Dec685, ZP 1.0, Sota tt/Well-Tempered Arm/V15XMR, Parker 98's, Parker Audio *Power Chords*, cat 6 wires, OSX; a garage sale of other stuff...
  IP Logged
lightmaster

life is too short
for bad hifi.
Really!

Reply #3 - 03/13/10 at 10:40:35

great looking forward to your reviews, although I already know what to expect. tin aluminum copper silver have very specific sonic signatures, that are then fine tuned by other components techniques in the cap. I am sure these will have all we wished for in the v-cap tin. a copper glow, more dynamics, better harmonic rendition of the instruments, increased clarity (and man were they revealing already) this is the end all cap, at least until he goes silver. no v-cap or any other cap has so far matched the magic of the audio note silver. these will be really something special though, and may outmatch them in few areas!

veryoldcat
Seasoned Member

dam*ed if you do,
and dam*ed if you
don't

Reply #4 - 03/14/10 at 03:55:37

Unfortunately I won't be able to make a direct comparison review, as these are going into a 300B set I'm putting together (and, believe it or not, I won't be able to afford acquiring the older TFTF's first and then swapping in the new CuFT's for comparison).

However, the original vcaps are so stunning in my Select, I just had to have these...

Cheers,
Karl

SE84CS (vcapped), CSP, zbox, Dec685, ZP 1.0, Sota tt/Well-Tempered Arm/V15XMR, Parker 98's, Parker Audio *Power Chords*, cat 6 wires, OSX; a garage sale of other stuff...
  IP Logged
lightmaster

life is too short
for bad hifi.
Really!

Reply #5 - 03/15/10 at 15:26:48

on a second note. beware of Audio Note capacitors, they do sound good, but they are treated like #!"#!"# I really had enough of this company asking these prices for their capacitors and treating them like cheapos, of the may be ten Audio note silver and copper caps I have may be one was in mint condition when delivered. The wires, single core silver or multi strand silver (for the Audio NOte Silver caps capacitors), are often so bedly bent that sign of stress on the wire are clearly evident. Trying to adjust them will often mean either breaking the wire of getting real close to it, which still means the wire will not be working at its best. Audio Note will not get any more money from me, mundorf, v-cap, and Duelund always come nicely packaged, mint, with gently bending wires, the duelund at the same price are a real work of art, individually packaged and sealed ... really had enough of Audio Note, they should treat their caps according to the incredible prices they ask for them!

kudos to the likes of V-cap and Duelund that always take the utmost care in packaging their valued capacitors as they deserve to be. YOu get what you pay for. At least with them.

so please give au the silver TF v-cap so we´ll be done already with what will certainly be the best cap in the world!

Hotsauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/16/10 at 03:13:56

I will hold out for the silver/teflon ones.

John C.

IP Logged
Corey
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 04/22/10 at 00:44:39

WWW   IP Logged
Hotsauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 04/22/10 at 03:13:57

Corey:

I'm sure those are...ok.

I don't want just any cap with silver.  

Judging by jensen caps, which come in tin foil, copper, and silver, the improvement in what I like to hear is signifigant at each step.  

Current v-caps are tin foil/teflon.  Initial users and beta testers report that the copper are much better here as well.  

I'l wait for the silver/teflon.

John C.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print