Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE84C - SOLD! (Read 2898 times)
Jerry Stogsdill
Ex Member

SE84C - SOLD!
01/22/10 at 18:08:24

Hello

This breaks my heart. I have one (1) SE84C that I want to sell. I bought it in 2002. Serial number 497. Classic chassis. Practically brand new condition.

Here is the story. I quit smoking in 2001. My carrot on the stick was that after a year off the damn things I'd splurge on a tube amp as my reward. Worked. I've been off smokes ever since. I bought the SE84C because it was the best amp for the money. I was a major lurker here on the boards since 99. Well, the best audio purchase I've made. I LOVE this amp.

A year later my first son was born. It quickly became apparent that the tubes would have to be shelved for a while. So I packed it away in 03. I've had two more kids since and this tube amp has been stored for years. Shame. I've brought it out for a night here and there, but without the right speakers or the ability to let the amp warm up before sitting down to listen it seems a waste to have it around.

So here we are. I have a practically unused SE84C with the original shipping box ready to go to a fan that will use it like it should be used. I've never knocked it around, smoke free house, never tried to look under the hood or anything. It is as Steve's team made it and shipped it to me. No kids have touched it because I usually brought it out after bedtime. In fact, I unpacked it last night to prepare for this post and it is the first time my 6yo remembers seeing it. He thought it was coolest thing.

If you are local to Denver, CO you can come over to check it out. If you are out of state we can chat, I can send pics and all that. I can setup a paypal or you can send a check or something and once the purchase price plus shipping is confirmed in my account I will ship it to you double boxed - large box with packing materials with the original shipping box inside of that just to be uber safe.

I also have two Radio Shack #40-1354A that I had in a folded Voight when I was running this amp. I took the drivers out and trashed the homebrew enclosures when we moved from Sacramento to Denver. They are in the original boxes as well. The condition is pritine. These have no mods (I had another set that I modded to death and sold locally before the move).

I will throw the drivers in with a full price offer on the amp.

The price is $375 plus shipping.

Contact
Jerry Stogsdill
Highlands Ranch CO 80126
jstogsdill23@gmail.com
cell: seven two oh - three eight one - nine two seven eight

Thanks!

IP Logged
Jerry Stogsdill
Ex Member

Re: SE84C - For Sale
Reply #1 - 01/24/10 at 20:34:12

I'm lowering the price to $325 or make me an offer.

Thanks!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print