Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 23:49:24 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lamenting The Demise Of The Used CD Store (Read 2978 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Lamenting The Demise Of The Used CD Store
01/05/10 at 02:39:05

This past weekend I had the pleasure of visiting Park Avenue CD's in Orlando, Florida, a well-run independent store that sells new and used compact discs and vinyl. There are so few of these places around now. Once located on Park Avenue in tony Winter Park, a couple of years ago they relocated a few miles away. They had a lot of interesting things there new and used.  It was a lot of fun just shopping around in there for a couple of hours.  

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Lamenting The Demise Of The Used CD Store
Reply #1 - 01/05/10 at 03:03:19

I know what you mean.  Fewer and fewer places, and in my experience, less and less interesting to find.

www.half.com and amazon.com market place sellers have become my used stores!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
rmt
Seasoned Member

Re: Lamenting The Demise Of The Used CD Store
Reply #2 - 01/05/10 at 21:51:14

I have lost a couple of used CD stores in my neighborhood that I used to frequent.  I still have Flat Black and Circular though which was named one of Sports Illustrated top 10 music stores in the country.  East Lansing is a college sports town.

Select, CSP2 upgrade, Dec 685, DSRii, Nibbelin NFX w/DFR-8s, SE34.I, Zbox
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print