Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 08:30:24 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: Fonkens w/ Enabled 127e drivers (Read 2593 times)
crappyjones123
Verified Member

FS: Fonkens w/ Enabled 127e drivers
11/27/09 at 07:35:14

Up for sale are my recently built pair of the much acclaimed fonkens. read about them here.

Meet the Fonkens

the drivers are 91db efficient and only need a few clean watts to sound AMAZING. they mate best with low power set amps. the midrange is liquidy and magical in keeping with the usual full range drivers. the drivers alone cost $250!!!

they were built with the newer 3/4" wood plans. the design is identical to the 1/2" plan. the drivers were enabled by dave at planet10 and have roughly 100 hours on them at most. all construction was done with 3/4" baltic birch plywood and the spacers are solid cherry. the veneer is stained with a dark cherry stain. the back panel is screwed in using 6 screws to give access to the inside of the cabinet in case any changes are to be made to the wiring or padding. the padding used is dacron padding. i used 1/2" padding lightly on all vertical parallel sides. i wanted to start with a certain amount of padding and then add more as needed after listening. however, after using them for a while i have felt no need to change anything at all. i can include the remaining dacron i have lying around in case the buyer wants to adjust anything further. the wire used was the following.

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=1248

the binding posts used are the following.

i can take more pictures if needed on monday.

the fonkens cost me $487 to build them in parts and labor. Creations Unlimited in Boca Raton, FL put everything together for me. i would like to get $415 + shipping for them. i will accept money orders and paypal however the buy is responsible for the fees. for now i would like to restrict it to conus buyers only.

please pm me if you have any questions.

thanks,

cj.

IP Logged
tubesnvinyl
Ex Member

Re: FS: Fonkens w/ Enabled 127e drivers
Reply #1 - 05/23/12 at 22:03:50

Hello. Are these still available?  .  Do you have any pictures?  Thanks  :)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print