Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 16:37:09 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is anyone driving ERR's with a Zen Select? (Read 7257 times)
Sysygy
Ex Member

Is anyone driving ERR's with a Zen Select?
10/01/09 at 02:40:02

I am close to decision time on some speakers. Conventional wisdom says to get the MG944 for my select, but I would love a pair of ERRs. Anyone have this setup that could give me some advice?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Is anyone driving ERR's with a Zen Select?
Reply #1 - 10/01/09 at 12:17:06

I haven't heard the ERRs. . . but. . . I drove my R1 and R2 Radials for years with a Select.

If you have a small room and can live without headbanging volume, you can be very happy with the soundstage and tonality you'll get. But. . . you'll probably "want more" more and more. The speakers really sing with the EL34 amps that Steve makes, and I bet the Mini-Torii is a great choice for them as well.

I predict that if you do go that route you'll end up with a new amp in time. . . .

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Sysygy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/02/09 at 15:08:03

Lon you are probably right. I have a 40 watt per channel El84 amp I would try them out with. I should probably just get speakers matched for the Zen Select.

IP Logged
artyg
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/12/09 at 01:47:44

I listened to the ERRs with the SE el34 amp and based on the experience at zenfest - I knew I would need more power as my listening room is even bigger than the Decware HQ office listening room.... So if you have a small room you may be able to drive to the levels you desire.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print