Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 00:46:20 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Individual stereo cds, mono and stereo box sets. . (Read 8519 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Individual stereo cds, mono and stereo box sets. .
09/08/09 at 18:26:41

Tomorrow is BEATLEMANIA!

I'm not that huge a fan. . .heard too much in the past and the pop sides really don't do much for me any longer, but I pre-ordered a few.  I'd go for the mono box but it's way too expensive. Way too expensive.  And, for the moment, sold out.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Individual stereo cds, mono and stereo box sets. .
Reply #1 - 09/09/09 at 14:45:07

Okay, amazon has the mono box set available for order again.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Sysygy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/10/09 at 02:00:00

I don;t need them all....  Revolver, White Album and Sgt. Pepper and I will be good.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 09/10/09 at 12:14:15

I know what you mean. Sgt. Pepper's forward works for me. I have some on the way to me, probably will arrive tomorrow or Saturday.

Reports are that the four years spent preparing these yields excellent sound.

IP Logged
Sysygy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/10/09 at 23:26:30

I am not sure about something....

I want to try a mono recording. Are they only available as the box or can you get them individually?
I know the stereo recordings are available separate.

IP Logged
Sysygy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/11/09 at 02:19:34

I just got back from the store.

Rubber Soul
Revolver
White Album
Sgt. Pepper
Abbey Road
Let It Be

Stereo versions. I am warming up the Zen Select right now and have a busy weekend planned.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 09/11/09 at 02:22:30

Sys, let me know what you think!  I may not have mine til Saturday or so.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 09/11/09 at 02:30:09

Yeah, their marketing system:  mono is only available in the mono box set. They say that they are not going to up out mono single cds.  Of course in a few years they'll need to make another killing and they probably will.

The mono box is a limited edition with the cds in lp facimile covers that I bet are beautiful.  It's made in Japan, and I have a lot of Japanese ces, and their attention to detail in all matters is amazing.  The mono box set only contains the albums up to Abbey Road, as that and Let It Be were never issued in mono on lp.  The box set also includes a collection of all the mono singles that didn't get to cd (like Past Masters Vols. 1 and 2.)

It's a shame they aren't releasing the mono mixes on single cds,  because if they really cared, on most of the albums they could have placed the mono and stereo mixes on the same cd!

I broke down and bought a mono set from one of my jazz pen pals who bought two sets just in case he didn't get the first one he ordered. (Collectors. . . we have a sickness!)  That's in the mail to me.

IP Logged
Sysygy
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/11/09 at 03:08:00

Lon,
    I am listening to the White Album. I had the album when I was a kid and I know it intimately. The one word I choose to describe it is exciting.
Dynamics, detail... there is so much here for guys who love their stereos .
I went to buy only one cd, but they were only 11.88 each at Newbury Comics. The White Album was 17.88.

I listened to Revolver a lot this summer. I always kind of chuckled at the stereo presentation. I can't wait to hear how they mixed it this time around.

Damn, this cd is amazing. While My Guitar Gently Weeps is about to come on. I am getting more excited with every song.  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 09/11/09 at 12:29:23

Well, I've been reading up about these releases for weeks on other boards and it seems they're not really REMIXED but remastered.

However for Help and  Revolver stereo cds the mix is the same as the new one that they did in 1987 for a cd release apparently, according to EMI and other collectors. Just should sound a lot better.  So it should differ if you've been listening to the original lp mix.

On the mono cd of Revolver in the mono box set, they added the original released stereo mix.  Which has that odd separation like the lp.  I know that one well!

Thanks for the impressions.  I love the White Album.  I remember hearing it when I was like fifteeen. Wow.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 09/12/09 at 11:50:01

Way back in the day I bought two of the Mobile Fidelity Beatles box sets in vinyl. One I opened and have been playing the other is still wrapped in brown shipping paper with Mobile Fidelity tape. I also have the Beatles white album in white vinyl and the two collections albums in red and blue vinyl. The Beatles Ones on 180g vinyl is a very well done album with a bonus song never before released. Every once in a while I still like to spin one.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print