Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 07:14:58 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Must have done it without the board? (Read 2809 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Must have done it without the board?
08/05/09 at 02:16:06

Quote:
Hi Steve,

Well, I finished the amp a few weeks ago, and I wanted to let you know that it sounds fantastic. (It looks better in person; I need to work on my photo skills.) I've been playing it as much as time permits, and it seems to sound better each day. There is no noise at all, and the depth and imaging is just great.  I had one friend over to listen to it, and he did the getting up to make sure it was just the amp & two speakers, and that my HT system with surround was not on.  It’s really quite remarkable.  I think the stereo imaging sounds much more natural than digitally processed surround anyway.  

I am doing a lot of playing around with it, trying different speakers and such, and it really doesn’t seem to matter.  All speakers I’ve tried had fantastic imaging, even some inexpensive Polk R150’s.  I used to think it was the single driver creating the deep soundstage, but that is not the case. Another friend has some vintage Pioneer RPM 100’s we are going to hook up, and I can’t wait to hear them. I think the “little amp that could” will do just fine, even with 12” woofers.

Now, the only problem is my friends want to borrow it, so I guess it’s going to be a loaner amp for a while.  I don’t mind, ‘cause I want them to hear what really good music sounds like.

If you need another reference or testimonial, let me know.

I am now on a ‘media’ hunt – to find CD’s that really show the imaging – I have found a few, but if you have any recommendations, I’m really interested.  A few are Steely Dan Gold, Radiohead Hail To The Thief and In Rainbows.  Give them a listen if you haven’t already.

Thanks Again,

Dave Humke

Very Nice!

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print