Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 05:58:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is your fav tweak/mod? (Read 6566 times)
davedutill
Seasoned Member

Time becomes
meaningless in the
face of creativity

What is your fav tweak/mod?
06/09/09 at 02:32:11

Just curious as to what tweaks/mods zeners have done to their systems and how it affected the sound quality.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: What is your fav tweak/mod?
Reply #1 - 06/09/09 at 14:27:06

I guess we have to define a "tweak."  I've done no mods myself, I'm just not schooled in the techniques of soldering etc.

If Mapleshade's Samson Rack, maple platforms and cork/rubber supports and Tube Anchors are "tweaks" they are permanent, very effective parts of my systems.  As are Herbie Audio Lab's Isocups and isolating speaker cones and Haloes.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
davedutill
Seasoned Member

Time becomes
meaningless in the
face of creativity

Reply #2 - 06/09/09 at 14:56:44

Howdee Lon

I am also a user of the tube dampers from herbies.  Great stuff!!  And a tweak that really works.

Dave

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 06/09/09 at 15:12:50

Yes Dave, they do!  He has a lot of different varieties now, but the original ones I bought years ago work just fine.

So do his Isocups.  I used to Mapleshade Triplepoints and those are great but the Isocups seem to just have a "less crisp" warmer presentation.  And any time I think "Ah I don't need those" and take them out. . . they're back in in a day.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/11/09 at 05:06:59

I have Herbie on speed dial.

I use Herbie's tube dampers, iso cups, tender feet, little glider feet under ERR radials was the biggest bang for my buck yet, herbie's grunge buster turntable mat was not something I had to have, some other Herbies little dot stuff under turntable motor and herbie stanless steel plates under turntable spikes.

I also like the mapleshade maple isolation platforms, mine are the 2" and I finished them myself to match my hardwood floors. They sit on mapleshade iso blocks.

A good thing to do is make sure your wires are run where signal and power lines don't run parallel with each other. I was very careful routing my signal wires. I also use a hospital grade isolation transformer with surge protector power strips by Panamax.

I have quite a bit of room treatment so much I had to remove some to improve my sound. Most of the stuff I have left is made from Dow Corning rigid fiberglass covered in fire retardant open weave cloth.

IP Logged
davedutill
Seasoned Member

Time becomes
meaningless in the
face of creativity

Reply #5 - 06/11/09 at 16:13:14

THIS SHOULD BE INTERESTING!!

Going to have the christmas comes early mod done on my Zen select.  I will give a full report when the amp is back in the system.
Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 06/11/09 at 17:23:54

You should be quite happy! Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print