Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 09:09:27 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Imperial's used as subs (Read 11572 times)
slideking54
Ex Member

Imperial's used as subs
05/17/09 at 16:20:55

Hi all- new to your forum. I have had the plans for years but have never built or heard a set. Has anyone used them as subs only for sound reinforcement? Is there someplace else to look for information on this topic? Thanks Doug

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Imperial's used as subs
Reply #1 - 05/17/09 at 23:50:13

Randy, one of the forum Demigods Wink used to use his as subs and he loved it. . . . .He's not been posting much at all recently, and I don't know if his original posts are still on the board, but he was very positive about the pair he had in use with several pair of speakers.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #2 - 05/18/09 at 01:15:53

Slideking, the Imperials make great subs for anything, if you have the room, and don't plan on moving them to often.

If you have the plans, you owe it to yourself to build a set of them.

Welcome to the forum!!!

BobZ

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
gildcm
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 06/09/09 at 19:42:38

I built one and used it as a sub. We were in a big room (I think 150'x100'x20'). It sounded great. I would recommend putting it next to a wall. I ran it on a phonic 2500 amp. It would vibarate the entire room.

IP Logged
gildcm
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 06/09/09 at 20:53:44

Here are some pics of the sub.
1.jpg  

1.jpg
  IP Logged
Valiant

Reply #5 - 06/12/09 at 14:41:39

Hey gildcm, what mods have you made to make your Imperial a sub? In Steve's description of the design for the Imperial SO, he explained that it was difficult to restrict the 'standard' Imperial to sub only (i.e. <200Htz) territory.
Cheers,

IP Logged
gildcm
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 03/18/10 at 23:08:04

All I did was run a crossover before the amps. I think my crossover freq was at around 250Hz. With the lows going to the Imperial and the Mid and Highs going to a pair of Yamahas. I got great low end extension with the imperial. The imperials are built to specs with peavy black widow and goldwood 15s.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print