05/02/24 at 09:38:10 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Who's he? (Read 18692 times)
Jet-Lee
Seasoned Member

Who's he?
11/08/08 at 04:52:57

Just stoppin' in to say Hi. Been away for a while. Lots been goin on.

Got the car smashed back in April. Wife and I were sitting at stoplight when some dude not paying attention in the oncoming lanes crossed the line and hit us relatively head-on at ~40mph. We got messed up pretty good. Got a new car, out of it, though! Still hasslin with insurance. Picked myself up a bike, 2001 Buell Blast; lovin it.

Marriage has gotten quite rocky, divorce on the horizon. Oh well, crap happens, eh? No kids, yet, so it wouldn't be a terribly difficult process.

Ain't got to do really anything with speakers. I competed locally in SPL soundoffs, all 1st places with a Digital Designs 9515 with two M1a's (150.1db in the Suzuki Reno, NO treatments) then switched to a 3515 with the PG X600.1 and got a 146.9db on the dash.

Working hard, drawing for an architect. Draw Wal-Mart, Sams Club, 7-11, Papa Bellos, Autozone, Pollo Campero, working to get Target, etc.

Ah well, I'll try to stop in more often.

-Lee-

WWW e3_wizard jetleeamc   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Who's he?
Reply #1 - 11/08/08 at 11:45:14

Jet-Lee,

Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about the accident, and the rockiness.  Personally, I hope the rockiness can be straightened out; I think living married is the best way to be, and working through difficulties makes a bond that is unreal.

I've been retired six months now, have a wonderful girlfriend I'm very serious about, and have more time for listening and reading and watching dvds and blu-rays than I ever thought I would. I'm happy.

Please inject some new life into this place. Smiley

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/17/08 at 19:37:14

Hey Jet!
just stopped by out of the blue and saw your post
hope everything works out. Life is always an adventure

Hey Lon its been a long time, sounds like a new adventure for you as well.

My life never stops being an adventure, good thing I like roller coaster rides lol.
Gex

IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #3 - 11/23/08 at 13:21:52

Wow,
this kind of feels like a class reunion lol

Jet, sorry to hear of your troubles buddy. My wife and I went through hospital stays, loss of businesses, loss of family, and eventually a bankruptcy. Lon is right. If it can be worked out, life is more comfortable. Of course, we are behind you no matter what happens man.

Good job on the SPL runs! I wish I still had the enthusiasm (and funds lol) to play with that sport. Sometimes I really miss that world.

Lee, Lon, and Gex,

The four of us have been through a lot and we always manage to come back here and meet. It's a shame we aren't closer in proximity. I would love for us to get together over a drink sometime and tell our stories. (audio and others).

Good to hear from everyone. Hope all is well with you guys as well.

Take care,
Robert

The graveyard is full of important men
musgofasa   IP Logged
Adrian
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/25/08 at 15:48:50

:)

I'm still here !
Nice to see you guys back.
I won't even try go to through what has happened since ~2006 for me...

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/26/08 at 12:49:26

Nice to see some familiar faces. This place isn't anywhere near as active as it used to be.

Marriage went from rocky to a rock wall; it ain't happenin' no more.

You all heard that tale of the guy who thinks his wife is cheating on him, late nights with the girls, dropped off around corner, blah blah blah. Then in the end, he hides behind his motorcycle and finds an oil leak and asks if that something he can fix himself or take it to the dealer?

Well, that's about the story of my life. Only now, the bike's fixed and put up for the winter, and she's "progressed" in her "friendships". Well f*** that, I'm gone.

Now I'm having panic and anxiety attacks. I say AND because they're two different attacks for me. Anxiety is where my entire gets very hot and it feels itchy all over, under my skin, shortness of breath, rapid (more) heart beat, lasts about 5-10 minutes. The panic attacks are different; it feels like someone just punched halfway through my chest, heart feels to stop, dizzy, cold, can't breathe, only lasts a few seconds.

I'm a freaking emotional train wreck.

But, put on a smile and go to work everyday!  :D

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 11/26/08 at 15:50:41

Sorry to hear about.

Time heals. After the  three years or so I had before my wife's death I felt as if nothing would ever be bright and shiny for me.  But within seven months the sun started shining and now I'm applying sunscreen.  Keep your chin up, I know you can. . . .

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/26/08 at 17:36:37

Hey Jet,

From someone who has been down that road, don't hold on to it by yourself.  Seek a support group in your area.  It helps to share the load.

d

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/28/08 at 00:19:00

musgofasa your post made me homesick. Like my long lost brothers.
It certainly would be nice to get together and relax and listen to tunes and tell stories
Adrian! long time no hear. I guess I should be one to talk eh?

Panic attack Hah let me tell you about Panic attacks well I remember one day when ( just kidding) Ya been there once for too long.

You gotta roll with it and feed your body good food can't stress that enough. I made some lifestyle and attitude changes and life seems simpler somehow. It takes much more effort to grind me into the ground. LOL
Can't lie dude! life can really suck, I just seem to have more fun with it.
Your quality of life can be reflected in the people you surround yourself with and your in good company here.

I don't hang out much because other things take precedent now. I also have some really sweet equipment from oply baffled. I do not want for anything. but I miss building HMMM I think I have a pic somewhere of my latest invention that lee and musgofasa might get a kick out of. I guess I did build something in the last year.

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img3476fj0.jpg

I know most of you will see the Decware in it. It goes under the rear Van seat and is tight against the floor and the energy is transmitted right into the van body. It works fantastic! surprised myself even. It uses a ten inch sub
My wife would not allow to me to use any cabin space and I didn't. I left it raw because I doubted that it would work but it did.

Nice dropping a note to you all.
Lee and all of you for that matter feel free to drop me a line/PM anytime

IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #9 - 11/30/08 at 22:23:11

Hey Gex!
I wondered what you ended up doing in that van lol

It is good to see everyone. Since Steve split the forum, I can't get into the audio side and this side has been really slow. I can only log into this side at home and since I spend the whole day on a computer, well ya know.

JUst finished my HDTs yesterday and finished running all the new cabling for my HT. Good times here!

Take care everyone!
Robert

musgofasa   IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #10 - 12/18/08 at 11:58:37

Heck it is good to see all of you on the board. I been doing my usually hovering but little posting.

Sorry to hear about you trouble JET. All you can do is when you get knock down come up swinging.

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 12/19/08 at 05:19:07

Well guys, turns out it's not panic attacks like they originally thought. The anxiety attacks I've had for years, no doubt. But this....is something else, still.

I've had 3 ultra sounds, 2 EKG's, 2 x-rays, a heart monitor and a stress test. This last visit (yesterday) I was given a shot of steroids. Chest doesn't hurt as much, at all, but I'm more afraid that this will only subdue the symptoms, not fix the cause. Next in line is heart cath and MRI's.

I could care less about a marriage at this point in time, I'm more concerned with keeping my own butt alive.

Bad outlook? Sure, whatever. My priorities have changed over the last couple weeks.

Hope you all take care.

Lee

musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #12 - 12/19/08 at 12:50:53

Yikes Jet!

Sounds like an episode of "House".

Hope they get it straightened out man. I know how medical scares can put things in perspective. Take care of yourself first and let us know how it goes.

Take care buddy,
Robert

musgofasa   IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 12/20/08 at 06:36:03

Everyone I talk to, says the same thing!

"Where's House when you need him?!"

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #14 - 12/20/08 at 12:41:42

Well, I've had a lot of opportunity to learn a lot more about medical matters than I wish. . . .

One thing I've learned is that things are not always what they appear and are not always what some physicians think they are at first.  And that things aren't always THE WORST they can be.

It would not at ALL surprise me if the diagnosis, when finally reached and treatment begins, is not as scary as one might fear!

Here's hoping!

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 02/10/09 at 02:17:26

Good lawrd.

Well, I've been through the ER for left side going numb at work. It's been determined I have high blood pressure, they gave me a pill for that.

Now I've got Degenerative Disc Disease in my upper AND lower back. I'm in constant pain. They gave me a pill for that too.

Neurologist appointment on the 19th coming up, to see how my nerves are affected.

Moved out, left the wife. Filing for divorce in a month. Got me a pretty little lady friend in the meantime. No, I don't feel bad, cause my ex (easier than saying soon-to-be) has 4 guys she's dating at the same time...soo whatever.

Tried killing myself on the motorcycle yesterday. Never went below 4th gear on a fun road, took a corner in 5th at about 90mph and almost lost it when the back end kicked out mid-turn. So for the rest of the ride, corners were no faster than 80mph (rev limiter in 4th) which was comfortable. Oh, it was that fast as I had friends eating my dust, they were in a Supra, Mustang GT 5.0 and Camaro LS1.

So, there's the quick update. Will be back shortly with more.

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16 - 02/10/09 at 14:32:27

Jet, please don't kill yourself on your motorcycle!  I have one, I love it, I try hard NOT to kill myself!

Well, sounds as if you have troubles, but you're beginning to know what they are medically at least. Keep your chin up and focus on getting well!  PLEASE!

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 02/11/09 at 23:28:30

I got no gentle way of saying it

Sounds like you have a friggen pill for everything except for being a moron on a motorcycle. That might get someone else killed and you injured.
If you really want to be a whiner and mess yourself up over a woman I guess you deserve what happens.
there are some good anti depressants that will work wonders at really messing you up after about 6 months. you may want to pack a couple of those down as well.

Many of us have been through hell and some of us still live there at times. sure you can vent but sooner or later you will have to use the brain that God gave you and crawl out of your coma of pity.
Then next time you have to deal with nasty crap in your life you can handle it better.

You should a take a leave of absence from work eat the lost wages for a couple days and take a break alone and remember to leave your cell phone behind as well.
Be glad you can walk away for a break, some of us can't and have to hold together for those who cannot in our lives.
Some days  I can hear the devil scratching at my walls and I just apply a heavier coat of paint and keep going. People need me and thats what keeps me going.

all the best

PS I would say a big hug to ya but they way things have been in my life and my wifes surgery and other stuff I just wanna give you slap and have you slap me back but harder. maybe a couple of knuckle bumps on the side of my head would get me going!  ;) hmmm wait that would get me going!

This too will pass! Life is a matter of perspective not reality.

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 02/12/09 at 04:03:44

I didn't mean I literally tried to kill myself, guys. I was having fun on the bike, cruisin with friends, and almost lost control cause I wasn't paying enough attention. I guess you could say I went above my skill. Most certainly not intentionally trying to kill myself. If I wanted to really kill myself, I've guns...but no, not taking that road, never even thought about it.

I'm not depressed by any means! I'm loving life right now! lol!

As far as pills are concerned, the doc gave me Atenolol for the high bp and Meloxicam for the discs, for now.

musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #19 - 02/12/09 at 18:09:33

Hey Jet!

What kind of bike do you have buddy? I gotta tell ya, if it's like my ZX10, it's wayyyyy too easy to get like that. I have been out just tooling around and find that urge to romp on the first gear a bit. I need a slower bike! Just pulling to the stop in 1st equals 100 mph!

I think I am glad they are getting you on some meds. At least they seem to be getting a grasp on what's happening. Maybe they will be able to help the pain go away too. I can relate to that.

Keep us posted. A pretty little thing never hurt an ego, that's for sure!

Take care man!
Robert

musgofasa   IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 02/12/09 at 23:42:46

Oh!
well then that's good then.  ;D

My living on the edge is having a crazy jack russel terrier puppy to raise, without kids and house getting chewed to pieces.

Having a bike puts me at risk and way too many people depend on me to stay all in one piece, but still miss it.

Glad your head is doing OK sorry about your pain.

I have been there as well. I have some nasty back problems that put me behind a desk and keeps me pretty mild now. I was told that surgery that should wait until I was non functional and loose bladder control. Now I can walk just fine and I havent pissed my self yet so I figure I am doing ok.

Sorry for thinking the worst Jet.

Gex

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 02/14/09 at 17:23:44

musgo: My bike's an '01 Buell Blast. New intake, new exhaust, rejetted carb. Still tops out at 96mph (rev limiter, 5th gear). If you don't know much about the bike, it's a 492cc single cylinder thumper. The bore is wider than the stroke is long, but it still only rev's out to 6500rpm.

And this pretty little thing really is an ego boost! lol

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #22 - 02/15/09 at 14:33:47

Well Jet, be careful!  I've been on cycles on and off since 1978, on and off the road, have had Hondas, BMWs and Harleys and currently have a Harley, a Fat Bob (in the Dynaglide series).  I think I would think twice about riding a bike at speed with a back as bad as yours, and all the troubles you face.  But I know we're all different. Please, just be careful, don't get "carried away!"

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 03/22/09 at 16:52:19

Thought I'd update you guys.

Ex and I are on better terms, but I still won't stand for infidelity.

Cute little girlfriend moved back to TX, but still wants to have a long distance relationship. I don't know how that's going to pan out, but we'll see.

Neurologist didn't do the nerve test, instead he lectured me about wasting his time. Told my regular doctor and he was really pissed that the institution charged for the nerve test when it wasn't performed, and that the neurologist accused me of such.

Family and friends have been telling me I'm depressed and need to see a shrink. Cost me $20 with my insurance, so I figured why not. Turns out I'm very far beyond depressed. Got me some Cymbalta to add to the medicine cabinet, now. It does help, except that it makes me dizzy and sick, but that's just the nature of anti-depressants.

Work's going great. I'm drawing 7-Eleven's full-time, both remodels and ground-ups. I'm the only drafter, so that's fun to say "I drew that!" Hehe.

I've cut back alcohol, a LOT. Maybe 1 or 2 a week. Don't drink coffee or soda, or any caffeine, where I can help it. Reduced my sugar intake (I used to drink coffee flavored sugar every morning). Eating a lot more healthy and working out a lot. Trying to lead a healthier life, now.

Well, there it is. Take care guys.

-Lee-

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24 - 03/22/09 at 17:54:39

Lee, great to hear things are BETTER.  And will (I think) continue to be so.

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 03/23/09 at 03:19:45

As soon as I've my life back together, the tools come back out and I start building again.

bassboy
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 04/03/09 at 21:07:38

Well since this has turned into a class of 06 reunion I thought I'd drop in and mention I'm still alive.  (I checked my stats and except for a couple random posts in 07 I haven't been around since July 06 - wow.)  This place is where it all started for me and we had some good times here, and other than a couple of people MIA (in this thread, I mean - JohnINCR and BobInStLouis) the gang is all here so I had to say hi.

First off, good luck, best wishes, and all that to Jet and everyone else, but especially Jet in these trying times.  Lon, I was shocked to (just now) learn of your wife's passing, condolences to you.

Nothing interesting in my life, but I can't seem to shake this audio bug.  I've built a few things, a set of BIB's, a pair of frugal-horns, put some performance grade Hawthorne SI's on baffles, more experimentation with OB bass, bult a fan subwoofer almost to completion (and then abandoned it), and most recently I decided to try again and made a tapped horn (some of you may remember my first attempt almost 3 years ago), fortunately with the benefit of simulation software this time.

I also got myself a nice tube amp and with Thuneau's Allocator I now have 4 way active xo (up to 42db/oct), including 4 (+2) bands of parametric eq per leg, although I haven't actually used it for more than 2 way yet.  Still have the same crappy listening room though, so I finally started measuring my frequency response to fully realize the potential of my xo/eq software.

For an example of my latest work, here's a groundplane (outside) measurement of my new tapped horn.  It uses a single tang band 6.5 inch woofer in a box roughly 15.5 x 9.25 x 44.5 inches.  As shown it's slightly overstuffed.  When placed in room in a corner of my small(ish) listening room, this thing is very close to adequate SPL on it's own.  2 would be better, but overkill in a room this size.  Please note that I have 4 of these drivers and have only built one box so far, the next try won't have that big dip in response at 90 hz.  Also, for this measurement voltage is unknown, so the numbers on the left have no reference (it's not 1w/1m in other words).

Anyway, I'm interested in what you guys are up to as well, so anyone who has posted in this thread is welcome to email me if you like (I'm not likely to be posting here much).

IP Logged
Bob_in_St._Louis
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 04/03/09 at 21:59:36

Yip, I'm still here bb.
Haven't seen JohninCR in a year or more. It would be good to 'see' him again.

I just ran across the thread, sorry I'm late to the reunion.

Jet, Jet, Jet.... What can I say man? It sounds like you're doing better than five months ago, and that's good to know. Sounds like you need a vacation to get away for a while. Granted, that wouldn't fix your degenerative situation, but it does wonders for the mind, body and soul. A nice road trip on the bike may be just what Dr. Bob would prescribe. [wink]

I've been busy with audio/video stuff. Pretty much non-stop since...well...way back in '06. Can't say I've used the "K.I.S.S. method" as the system is very complex yet amazes me everyday.
How 'bout you fellas?

It's good to see all the same players in the same place again. Every person here I feel like I've got a bit of a connection with.
As long as Lon doesn't start in about Billy Joel, then all's cool.  ;D
Speaking of Lon, are you the same "Lon" that posts on AC?

Guys, we shouldn't be such strangers.

Bob

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #28 - 04/03/09 at 22:18:39

Bob,

AC?  Not sure what that is.

I post a few other places, mainly jazz boards and one Harley board (weird place, that one!)

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 04/03/09 at 23:20:21

hey Bob and bassboy long time no hear.
Other than just listening to what I have
I have only built one sub and just installed one of my old DB12's in my young sons modded VR6 Jetta.
everyone comes out and sits in his car during lunch break at the shop he works at now. Tomorrow hopefully we will install the front end clip and assorted parts and put the carbon fiber hood on. I doubt the front end parts will be painted so it just may be the hood.
nice to drop by and see some of the oldies here LOL
Gex

IP Logged
Bob_in_St._Louis
Seasoned Member

Reply #30 - 04/04/09 at 02:48:54

Quote:
Bob,

AC?  Not sure what that is.

"AC" = AudioCircle.com

IP Logged