04/26/24 at 06:05:43 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Holly Crap! (Read 647 times)
BBM3
Ex Member

Holly Crap!
03/31/07 at 04:28:00

I just today completed a number of small details to finish off my HDT’s and made up a pair of DIY speaker cables connected to my new SE34I.2.

I am blown away.

I have a bunch of expensive solid state 7.1 home theater gear that sounds great when watching DTS and DD Blu-Ray and HD DVD movies however……

For good old fashioned analogue 2 channel listening, this Decware combination gives me goose bumps. I listened to a mint MOFI copy of Super Tramp Crime of the Century tonight and heard things I had never heard before.

Now I need a MM phono stage preamp.

Thanks Steve!

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Re: Holly Crap!
Reply #1 - 03/31/07 at 06:17:20

your bloody well right, you got a bloody right to say.    ;)

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 03/31/07 at 12:17:25

"Holly Crap!"  I'm with you there.  So glad that the ridiculously commercialized Xmas season is finally over and gone! Wink

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Craig
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/31/07 at 15:56:38

This is great news as I am awaiting the arrival of my new SE34I.2 and have allready gotten my new HTD's. How long did it take the amp to arrive? Six weeks+ and eagerly waiting.

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #4 - 03/31/07 at 17:12:26

So you thought your home theater gear was "high fidelity"? Cry!
                                                                                   Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
BBM3
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/01/07 at 01:18:14

craig wrote on 03/31/07 at 15:56:38:
This is great news as I am awaiting the arrival of my new SE34I.2 and have allready gotten my new HTD's. How long did it take the amp to arrive? Six weeks+ and eagerly waiting.

My SE34I.2 only took a couple of weeks. I would guess they batch build them. If so a short delivery lead time is a matter of luck.

The wait is worth it for sure. The SE34I.2 easily drives the HTD's to SPL's above what is comfortable to me.

Oh and did I mention, it sounds GREAT!!!!!

Doorman wrote on 03/31/07 at 17:12:26:
So you thought your home theater gear was "high fidelity"? Cry!
                                                                                   Don

Yep nothing like old school analogue meets 21st century components and designs.

Thanks to people like Steve for keeping the flame alive and improving on what I believe to be the only way to listen to music.

Some day soon I am going to try playing one of those new fangled compact discs through my Decware stuff.

-Bill

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #6 - 04/01/07 at 19:56:34

Smiley

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers