04/20/24 at 01:37:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RCA Caps (Read 4198 times)
Robert
Ex Member

RCA Caps
03/27/08 at 21:24:22

Does anyone know where I can get some RCA Caps to cover the unused outputs on my components?  Cardas makes them for the obscene price of $40 for a set of 12.  They profess to not only looking "cool" but offer sonic benefits (yeah maybe).  I'd just like to get some plastic or rubber ones to keep the dust out.  Any suggestions?  I've found some cheaper ones on E-bay, but by the time you add shipping, they are almost half the price of the Cardas ones.  They look like the should cost about 10 cents each.  Thanks.!
Robert B.

IP Logged
Eli Duttman
Ex Member

Re: RCA Caps
Reply #1 - 03/28/08 at 00:44:45

Dude,

No way are you going to get the Cardas Silver/Rhodium plated stuff inexpensively.  Still Micheal Percy's $35 for a set of 12 includes free UPS ground shipping.

$3.99 buys "Rat Shack" Catalog # 274-451, which is 3X red/black "booted" pairs of low grade RCA plugs.  Fill the little end holes in the boots with nail polish and you have 3 sets of cheap protectors.

IP Logged
Robert
Ex Member

Re: RCA Caps
Reply #2 - 03/28/08 at 14:37:13

Thanks so much Eli.  I an somewhat skeptical about the sonic benefits of these, but keeping dust and moisture in the air from getting inside seems like a noble enough reason to get these.  Many thanks again.  :)

Robert B.

IP Logged
Robert
Ex Member

Re: VERY INEXPENSIVE RCA Caps
Reply #3 - 03/31/08 at 14:19:54

Went to my local automotive store (AutoZone) and bought two boxes of vacuum hose caps.  I purchased 5/16" size (black color) for the exhorbitant price of $1.99 for each box (4 in a box, so 50 cents each).  They fit perfectly and snug over all the unused Inputs and Outputs.  They are about 1/8" inch thick, so beefy!  I trimmed them with a razor to shorten them (not necessary, just personal taste).  They look very nice, and will do an excellent job of keeping dust and moisture from getting inside.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print