04/18/24 at 13:41:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
scaling down the HW (Read 7007 times)
bayrat
Ex Member

scaling down the HW
03/21/08 at 23:32:22

I have acess to the plans....but I dont see anywhere that covers something for 12s. Anyone?

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Re: scaling down the HW
Reply #1 - 03/22/08 at 20:02:30

e mail steve, the plans i have cover 12 15 and 18" versions

IP Logged
bayrat
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/26/08 at 05:13:33

done deal......thanks 60  I hope to put a system in my truck old school style with some of the Punch amps, and some old earthquake speakers. I figure...lets just see what a 250 watt punch amp will do.  Curious to see how many of those new watts they rate amps with now days to keep up with. The HW is kinda big but...what the hey...there is always a couple a DBs.

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/26/08 at 15:57:24

hwk doesnt work too good in a vehicle Sad

wedge or db or wo do.

IP Logged
bayrat
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/28/08 at 04:02:34

Yeah, I have read that here on the forums. My issue is that I have 4 12s to work with. I am currently on my wifes car. Her PT cruiser is getting a Wedge with two 12s. I like the sound quality of the wedge. It seems to go down to bottom end of the scale in the lows. Problem is, I have to fit the 4 12s in the back of an extended cab GMC, and maybe still have room for a seat in between the 2 sub boxes. I would like to have something that would hide the speakers from view. Well maybe I could just use 2 speakers. They are not the prettiest. I have built the DB for 12s but that seems to be a little on the tall side. Sure sounds good though. So the HW is designed for a large room. I suppose it has something to do with the soundwaves.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print