Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 18:48:48 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Should I scale the design? (Read 5979 times)
Vinch
Ex Member

Should I scale the design?
11/29/07 at 21:21:11

Hello All,

I have two Kicker Solobarics L7 15" that are lying around in sealed enclosures. I'd like to move them to the HKW. Because these are square, they have slightly larger surface area than a regular 15" sub. Should I scale the design in any way to account for that?

I want good performance in the low notes around 20Hz. What should I do to get this? From what I understand, I'd make the port slightly longer?

Thank you for your help.

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Re: Should I scale the design?
Reply #1 - 11/30/07 at 11:24:32

If the Solobarics will fit in the orignal design I would not bother with scaling it. The HWK is very versatile and should sound devastating with the Solobaric 15s. As for ports the HWK will have no problem going down to 20Hz in stock form. Build it to specs and then if you are not happy modifying the ports is very easy to do. Just my opinion hope it helps.

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/30/07 at 15:47:15

HT-EXT wrote on 11/30/07 at 11:24:32:
If the Solobarics will fit in the orignal design I would not bother with scaling it. The HWK is very versatile and should sound devastating with the Solobaric 15s. As for ports the HWK will have no problem going down to 20Hz in stock form. Build it to specs and then if you are not happy modifying the ports is very easy to do. Just my opinion hope it helps.

HT-EXT

x2.

IP Logged
Vinch
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/04/07 at 19:57:17

Thank you for the replies.

I'll start buying materials then Wink

Vincent

IP Logged
Pages: 1