Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Subwoofer for DB10? (Read 7246 times)
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Subwoofer for DB10?
11/06/07 at 17:14:12

Does anyone have advice on why the Dayton 10" DVC would not work in the DB10? Looking for opinions.

Specifications:

Power Handling:   80 watts RMS/120 watts max    
VCdia:   1.5"
Le:   1.2 mH    
Impedance:   8 ohms per coil                      
Re:    6.30 ohms per coil
Freq. range:  30-1,500 Hz    
Fs:   25 Hz    
SPL:   92.7 dB 2.83V/1m    
Vas:   3.90 cu. ft.
Qms:   3.20
Qes:   .43
Qts: .  38
Xmax:   6 mm

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Re: Subwoofer for DB10?
Reply #1 - 11/06/07 at 21:16:47

im sure it would be excellent

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #2 - 11/08/07 at 14:02:26

I was sure it would be a good choice too but it is not the case. I have done everything possible to seal, glue, and screw this DB10 together. The thing is air tight with everything built to specs. It will not play above 75W to 100w without port fart. I made the port just slightly bigger, router both sides and even router the edge of the insert that you can see at the edge of the port. NO LUCK! Moved insert up, down, and also screwed the insert to the enclosure on two sides to keep it from moving. The insert is fully sealed along with the top of the insert silcone to keep the seal chamber closed up. I am "corn-fused" and the only thing different from all the other DB builds is the speaker. I going to try another type of sub this weekend and see if the sub is the problem or not. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks for the reply 60.

HT-EXT

IP Logged
Bart_West-VL.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/08/07 at 17:01:51

Some people get the port size wrong because they make it a half circle, but it's not!
Maybe check this?

Bart

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #4 - 11/08/07 at 18:23:26

That is the hardest part to me is getting the half moon right. It is almost dead on specs except for being a little taller by a quarter of an inch. This is the tenth DB10 I have built and all but this one has had to good results. The others all play up to 200w with no problems. This port farting turd sounds great at low to moderate volume but when you start getting after it it sounds like being on the toilet the next morning after a long night of drinking. Thanks for the reply BART.

HT-EXT    

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/08/07 at 22:06:57

if youve had good results with 9 other dbs id guess its the driver.try a different driver in this db.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print