04/23/24 at 11:31:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cerwin Vega for HW (Read 5013 times)
bayrat
Ex Member

Cerwin Vega for HW
10/19/07 at 19:54:22

......so I was at the local Goodwill the other weekend, and I picked up 4 of the Cerwin Vega D-9. The surrounds were all rotten on the woofers, but I purchased and replaced the surrounds. They came out quite nice. I thought about just rejuvenating the speakers, but after futher inspection all 4 tweeters were blown. I looked into the way they are built. and it seems as if there would be a replacement diaphram for them. So its either fix the speakers as a whole or just make the HW. My question here is...cant I part them out? or find the diaphram or just build the HW?...The later...would leave me with 8 Mids...4 Xovers....4 grills...even the boxes are ok...but shipping would be out of the question.....so far I have a little over 150 bucks in this deal....after the refoam kits.   Any ideas here?

IM000015.JPG
  IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Re: Cerwin Vega for HW
Reply #1 - 10/20/07 at 12:43:24

I would prolly try to find a suitably replacement for the tweeter. When you remove the tweeter measure the ohm value and try to pick a tweeter with the same resistance. This might allow the crossover to be work properly if the resistance is close to the same as the orignal speaker. You should be able to find a decent tweeter for under $8 to $10, if not cheaper. If you have four of the CV I would be temped to build a HWK. I would leave two of the CV assembled and refurb them the best I could and use the other two woofers in the HWK. That should make an impressive two channel set up. Just my opinion, hope it helps.

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print