Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 06:37:22 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
B+ on SE84CS Rectifier (Read 3757 times)
MAC_-_SteveH
Ex Member

B+ on SE84CS Rectifier
07/19/07 at 01:32:12

Can someone draw a simple diagram on where the B+ connection is on the rectifiers socket?

I need to see if its connected or not. I bought a used amp and it came with a Weber Copper Cap. It states the B+ is not necessary and can be disconnected to be used for other things. An RCA 5U4G will not work. I'm assuming maybe the B+ has been disconnected.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Steve

IP Logged
Eli Duttman
Ex Member

Re: B+ on SE84CS Rectifier
Reply #1 - 07/19/07 at 23:49:15

Dude,

I think you have it wrong.  SS doesn't need heater power.  My educated guess is that the 5 VAC winding was disconnected.

If your power trafo's 5 V. winding has a CT and you use a 5U4, take the "raw" B+ off that CT.  In all other situations, take the "raw" B+ off of pin 8 on the rectifier socket.

The pin 8 connection works for a 5U4, but there is a tad less hum using a CT, when it's available.

Think seriously about sending the unit to Mr. Deckert for a check out.  If the DINGBAT that owned it previously was stupid enough to put that Weber stuff in, additional problems might be lurking under the surface.

IP Logged
MAC_-_SteveH
Ex Member

Re: B+ on SE84CS Rectifier
Reply #2 - 07/20/07 at 02:41:04

Thanks Eli

I got a couple of PMs on this also. I'll be checking a few things over the next couple of days and I'll post my findings.

Thanks guys!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print