Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 01:18:59 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tested db / db inverted wedge comparison (Read 5720 times)
NwSteelheader
Ex Member

Tested db / db inverted wedge comparison
01/12/07 at 05:29:42

Well i finally got to test my db 10 and i must say i am very pleased  ;D for nice low end . Now granted it was designed for my truck and i tested in with my home stereo with very little power. will get to put it in my truck tomorrow with the proper crossover freq. and better power  :-*

I do have a question thought, has anyone built a db and a inverted wedge and compared them side by side ? If so, what did you think ? love to hear your comments.

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Ex Member

Re: Tested db / db inverted wedge comparison
Reply #1 - 01/19/07 at 15:40:32

My friend and me have tested both designs and both have there merits. My problem was they were only tested for home audio not in a car or truck. The DB has the most uses as far as a good HT sub, low frequency help with L/C/R (HT), and I am sure it is an excellent sub for automotive use. The wedge on the other hand seems to have limitations as far application leaning toward only automotive use. We used a piece 3/4 mdf fasten to the bottom to take advantage of the wedge design. It is a very good design hits hard a plays fairly low. Of course we tested with the HT set up and was pleased with the results. The DB is my favorite for all around use but if I was you I would still build the wedge just to see the difference for yourself. Good Luck.

HT-EXT

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/19/07 at 17:10:02

I was waiting for a comparision.
Thanks a bunch for that

Gex

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/20/07 at 04:25:01

wedge uses 2 subs db uses 1, youd have to compare the wedge to 2 x dbs. wedge loads the vehicle (excellent tactile experience), db does not. ive used both, wedge is better for sq applications db better for spl. both excellent. imho Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print