04/26/24 at 21:31:12 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WO in a large Space? (Read 5405 times)
BIG_GEOFF
Ex Member

WO in a large Space?
11/15/06 at 23:58:41

Building a WO was part of a graduation project i did (along with an Imperial, DB, and two line arrays... More of an excuse to get my parents to let me build them).  Im due to present it next week and im planning on taking everything in.  So far i have the brand new school gym to flex my Imp's muslces, and i was wondering if i should play my WO in the gym or in the classroom that i initially do the presenting in.  I want to play it somewhere, where i can get the most out of it.   Big Gymnasium, 3000+ seating,  or 30'x30' square classrooom w/ concrete walls and no windows?  Thanks for the help.

-Geoff

IP Logged
doughboy_12003
Ex Member

Re: WO in a large Space?
Reply #1 - 02/01/07 at 17:48:21

iv taken my w/o to a few partys  in large spaces  i have 2  12"  1000 watt woofers in it    i found  the biger the space  the deeper and cleaner the bass sounds  compaird to  in my room   im not sure about the gym, havent tryd a area that big  but it should sound sweet in the classroom

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/02/07 at 00:13:38

imps in the gym wo in the room.

IP Logged
BIG_GEOFF
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/02/07 at 00:44:20

thanks 60, but i did the presentation about 3 months ago.  ha, but i did put the WO in the room and the imp in the gym.  I had a crowd going in both the room and the gym after people walking by heard the music going.  There was 6 teachers grading my project but I had a crowd of about 30 more students and teachers in the gym listening to the imperial when i demonstrated it (aka played it loud).  Lots and lots of compliments.  I was 1 of the two people in my entire class (about 400+ students) to get a perfect on their graduation project btw.  Thanks again Steve and everyone here who helped me along the way.

-Geoff

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/02/07 at 00:58:56

congrats.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print