Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 13:15:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
JL8w7 in wicked one help (Read 2931 times)
tybo
Ex Member

JL8w7 in wicked one help
09/29/06 at 00:33:45

Hey,
I have 2 JL audio 8w7's i am not using atm, and would like to make a Wicked one for their new home  :)

My question is the sealed area size, do i model it off the recommended sealed enclosure of the speakers specs, or because of the complexity of the box do you adjust the sealed enclosure area to resemble something like a bandpass box?

Thanks in advance

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Re: JL8w7 in wicked one help
Reply #1 - 09/29/06 at 00:40:56

Well, to model the response of the WO(not exact but a rough estimate) plug in your drivers into a 4th order BP tuned to 45hz with the same size chambers as the WO you are building.  You'll have to decide what version you are building and then calculate the volumes.

To optimize the WO- try to find the best 4th order setup tuned to 45hz still.  You'll want to keep the compression (ported chamber) volume the same as the WO plan.  But the sealed chamber can be made larger by adding to the sides, top, whatever.  Or smaller by adding solid materials to take up space.

All in All though- I built all of my WOs without any modeling or modifying (Well my first 12inch version was scaled)  and all turned out awesome.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print