Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 19:44:52 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Leap in sound quality / Zen amps and Klipsch (Read 6423 times)
dla405j
Ex Member

Leap in sound quality / Zen amps and Klipsch
07/27/06 at 01:31:08

I just tried  Klipsch kg4s with my zen triode and the boost in depth, power, and punch is great...is it the 6 ohm match or just the overall Klipsch quality?.  Have used my two Decware zens c & cs with 8 ohm Omegas and Titus Triangle but the jump in sound quality is outstanding with these Klipschs especially the bass.  now thinking of replacing the Omega ts 2s with more kg4's..any observations???
At the same time I tried a solid state preamp, Audire Diffet, and was again pleasantly suprised by the quality of sound with the zens and the Klipsch.  I'm  filling my small living room with quality cd sound that beats my vinyl..these two changes have really improved my sound.  I've always used tube pre's with zens and like the  sound with this solid state preamp.  What's going on here??

IP Logged
Chris K
Ex Member

Re: Leap in sound quality
Reply #1 - 07/27/06 at 04:02:48

;D  S Y N E R G Y  ;D

IP Logged
charlieboy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/27/06 at 06:29:08

Try a Klipsch Chorus! I think you will like it. Grin

IP Logged
Zikks
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/27/06 at 12:14:24

I'm using a modest pair of KSB 2.1s with my SE84C-EX and the sound is simply amazing.

When you have folks who've never really given a darn about music or the gear playing it say, "Man, that sounds really good," you know you've found something special...something really special.

You can buy some seriously expensive and exotic speakers, but I've found that Klipsch makes fantastic ones for about as reasonable a price as I can figure.

Enjoy!

IP Logged
EZ_Angus
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/29/06 at 13:55:26

Klipsch are great with the Zens, especially if you like rock. I used a pair of RF-3s with my se84c for years. they really sounded best pulled out into the room (away from the walls) with a fair amount of toe-in. I don't think is the 6 vs. 8 ohm impedence. the Klipsch is more efficient than the Titus which will help. I've never heard the omegas. Welcome to good sound on the cheap! Its fun, innit? EZ

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print