Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
P21REX/DD (Read 6905 times)
Maximilian
Ex Member

P21REX/DD
06/18/06 at 13:27:26

First of all, helloooo just got here Wink

I've had this bassreflex subwoofer with Seas P21REX/DD 8" for a while but was never really happy with how it sounded so now I'm thinking about a WO for them and need a little input since I'm pretty much a rookie.
It's for home audio in a farely small room so will probably also be used as a table, in the 36*24" (10" high for 8" woofers right?) version.

Simulation 4th order bandpass:

Specs:
Fs: 33hz
Vas: 68.9l
Qts: 0.37
Qms: 2.36
Qes: 0.44
Spl: 91 dB

I don't know if it's a bad woofer for these kinds of subwoofer horn boxes.. doesn't seem to go very low before rolling off so.. What do you think? ???

IP Logged
Maximilian
Ex Member

Re: P21REX/DD
Reply #1 - 06/18/06 at 15:19:16

I just realized I did the simulation under perfect conditions and not with the WO dimensions, will redo and check it!

Edit: Did a "quick" calculation of volume and fed it to WinISD resulting in:

IP Logged
Maximilian
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/18/06 at 17:19:59

Also, not to get myself lost in this early stage, have i got the drawing-bit right?

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/18/06 at 18:39:30

all looks good 2 me.wo works with almost any subwoofer.build with confidence Grin

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/19/06 at 02:51:57

Your drawing is spot on.

The second simulation, if correct looks better anyways.

The response may be slightly less sensitive, but it results in a larger flat response.  It begins dipping off later around 40Hz, where in a small room it is not unheard of to begin getting room gain.  So the drop off will be slower, if not close to none.  Resulting in a nice flat response.  I would build it, looking at its predicted response.

I would also build it because I absolutely love the design.  Can't get enough of it.  Its amazing, it will punch you in the chest, yet rumble your insides.

IP Logged
Maximilian
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/19/06 at 09:00:31

Ok thanks guys! Promise to get some pics up when I start the build Kiss

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print