Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/27/24 at 05:42:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is two Imperials too much? (Read 6015 times)
BIG_GEOFF
Ex Member

Is two Imperials too much?
06/06/06 at 02:49:24

I understand that you need a large room in order for Imperials to be effecttive with Lfs.  I have one imperial which i use in my basement which is fairly large,  maybe about 25ftx40ft.  I use the imperial in the basement and outside but Im looking to build another one because listening to mono is sorta getting to me  :'(.  Would building another and using it inside require an even larger space?  Thanks

-Geoff

IP Logged
jj420
Ex Member

Re: Is two Imperials too much?
Reply #1 - 06/06/06 at 04:39:02

at 25x40 you have 1000 square feet, 2 imps shouldnt be too much for that, if it is, it wont be by much, just open a big window and the upstairs door, you should be fine.  besides that, if you lay the pair on thier sides and put the mouths next to one another you will effectively double the hornmouth area, lowering extension even further

and theres no such thing as "too much" stop spreading your ultra-conservative poison.

JJ

IP Logged
Lon
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/06/06 at 11:08:12

JJ you so funny!! Cheesy

IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/06/06 at 16:37:37

Howdy Geoff,

As I remember, you have a "full range" Imperial .....

If it were me, a proper "mate" would be built with no delay ..... Wink

After living with my SO Imperials for a few weeks (and enjoying them totally), I hope to have a pair of full range Imperials built some day.  The ones in Steve's "those ain't big" thread are beautiful and no doubt produce an amazing sound ..... Smiley

Is there any chance you can attend the 2006 DecFest ?  It would be great to meet you .....

Best wishes,

Randy

IP Logged
BIG_GEOFF
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/06/06 at 20:43:26

I'm afraid attending decfest this october could cause somewhat of a problem for me.  I live about an hour outside of Phily, PA, and getting a plane ticket out there could be pretty tricky for me.  It would be pretty sweet to get out there but i don't think it could be possible for me.

-Geoff

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print