04/29/24 at 10:52:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
alpine type R (Read 3648 times)
alpinetim
Ex Member

alpine type R
01/30/06 at 01:48:36

i just got done building my WO for 2 ten inch alpine type Rs. my car is in the shop till tomorrow. any one ever eperiment with any alpine subs b4 in any cuztom boxes. i plan on building another WO perhaps a WO32 for two 12 inch type Xs. which one would your recomend

IP Logged
alpinetim
Ex Member

Re: alpine type R
Reply #1 - 01/30/06 at 01:49:12

ill let you know how it sounds when i hook every thing up

IP Logged
wan.7
Ex Member

Re: alpine type R
Reply #2 - 03/06/06 at 21:58:29

Hi, I have had a bit of a play with Type R's before, I have a single 12" Type R Dual Voice coil in my Corolla Hatch in a small (Real small) sealed box.  I run it using an Alpine MRV 1505 Amp with one channel running each coil (about 250 RMS per side).  At a recent sound off I pulled 135 Db, much to the suprise of all the guys with 2 12's that we only getting low 120's and much to the suprise of the guys with 2 15's who were flat out getting in to the 130 range.  My type R experience has been a good one and with me have proved indestructable, however my friend, inspired by me went a bought a 15" Dual Voice coil Type R and we destroyed it in less then a day.  Running in a sealed box powered by a Rotel amp with 200 RMS a channel the voice coil cooked it self, burnt out completely.

I'd like to know what a dual voice coil Type r could do in a death box, or what a pair could do in a WO.  My same friend built a massive WO then put a second layer of MDF over the top again for extra strength and then wacked 2 Alpine Bass 200's in it.  Running off the same Rotel amp it go's very very hard, very thumpy and extremely loud!!!

I hope you have fun with your Alpine gear, I have used Alpine almost exclusively for a few years and have won several tropheys at sound offs with it, so I'm sure you'll have fun, just watch the coil on your Type R.....prolonged extreme flogging can burn the coil to pieces!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print