Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/17/24 at 04:53:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Well My "C" is up for sale :( (Read 8484 times)
Steamer
Ex Member

Re: Well My "C" is up for sale :(
01/09/06 at 14:05:58

Hello,
Saw your ad on audiogon when I got off work this am.
I think it will sell fast,everything in that price range has a sold when I go to check the ad out.I was looking at some of the vintage stuff as well as Decware gear and all SOLD!!!

Greg

IP Logged
Chris K
Ex Member

Reply #1 - 01/09/06 at 15:06:15

Yeah I think so too Greg.
I hate to give this up. Its like a first car kind of thing.
I just have too many pieces of gear to justify. Something has to go.
So it is the "C" and my Fostex FE206E's.

IP Logged
Caintuck Randy
Ex Member

Re: Well My "C" is up for sale :( (SOLD)
Reply #2 - 01/09/06 at 19:42:26

Wow Chris .....

That was an insanely good price for that amp with all the mods and the tubes you included ..... Grin

I am in a similar boat.  Too much equipment and the fact that I will be better served by redirecting the funds to improving the main system.  My original plan was to have two separate systems, but I ended up liking my new room so much that I turned "the cave" into a storage room ..... Roll Eyes

Added to all that is the fact that the new drivers in The Horns are so much more efficient than the originals that the Select works very well with them, as well as with the Behemoths.

Soooooooo ...... I have decided to sell my C-EX.  It is in excellent condition and in the BLACK chassis.  If anyone on the forum is interested, I want 450.00 for it plus shipping and 10.00 for the PayPal fee.  I will include an extra set of new SV83s and a JAN 6922 driver tube in addition to the stock tubes.  It will be listed on AudioGon by Friday if I don't get any forum offers.

The money from the C-EX will be used to partially fund a good cause ..... a set of SO Imperials .....

Randy  

IP Logged
change_out
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/09/06 at 20:03:18

Randy,

Congrats on moving towards the Imperials. they are almost indescribable. Until last night I have had them entirely on a Jolida integrated. This due to my room has still had painting ect on going. ( I have done the whole room diy) I have made several rookie mistakes and have not been willing to wait until completion to enjoy. Grin

Last night I got the Zens out and a Dynaco tubed cdp. WOW! I currently have five pieces of scrap carpet as absorbers and three decware diffusers as room treatment. Does not take much to get these big boys going.

I am still using "construction", temporary zip wire as speaker cables and all stock power cords.

Tim

IP Logged
Caintuck Randy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/09/06 at 20:28:16

Howdy Tim,

Yep ....... the Imperials have been "calling out to me" since the DecFest ..... ???

The biggest problem will be getting on the list of one of my cabinet building buddies.  They are up to their elbows in work ..... and Zygi is very busy, as well .....

Oh well, they will be well worth the wait ..... Smiley

Take care and enjoy your new stuff,

Randy

IP Logged
Chris K
Ex Member

Re: Well My "C" is up for sale :( (SOLD)
Reply #5 - 01/09/06 at 22:01:32

[quote author=Caintuck Randy  link=1136789743/0#2 date=1136835746]Wow Chris .....
That was an insanely good price for that amp with all the mods and the tubes you included ..... Grin
[/quote]
Yes it was maybe too generous on the tube part at least. I never expected to recover on the mods but then again I never expected to sell the "C" anyway. The only other amp in my stable that would end up on the auction block is the original SE34I and its a "bear" to get a good price for it.
The Mazda rectifier (some will like it) was not my cup of tea and the Sovtek 5Y3 was ok. I just thought it'd be nice of me to offer the best 2 tubes I have for this particular amp which is the Bugle Boy 6DJ8 and the JAN Cetron 5R4WGB (the REAL rectifier for a "C") so the guy can really get to hear all that my "C" is (was Sad for me). I have to sell other things in my sig. and I have other "irons in the fire" that will need funding.
Oh WELL BOOHOO! Easy come easy go. But selling Decware Zens is quick and easy. Since Selects are going for $550 I figured $100 less.
On to BIGGER and BETTER things.
I did give it a good last listen and have it packed for shipping. It sounds incredible on the MG944's.

IP Logged
change_out
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/09/06 at 22:23:49

Quote:
On to BIGGER and BETTER things.
congrats to you Chris, I don't  know where you are headed, I know how hard it is to let an old friend go down the road.

Tim

IP Logged
Chris K
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/09/06 at 22:28:02

I'm Sticking with my monoblocks and TORII just I need more cash for speaker "rolling" like you are doing Tim.  ::) I'd do Imperial SO's but no room just yet.

IP Logged
Chris K
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/16/06 at 18:27:35

Well my "C" may have gotten re-sold today!
Newbie or lurker or regular forum member please let us know!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print