Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 09:34:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE84CS mono question... (Read 7461 times)
Steamer
Ex Member

SE84CS mono question...
12/27/05 at 01:32:57

Hello.

So far after about a week or so I am REALLY lovin these amps.My question for other owners is how long does it take for your rigs to warm up and start to sound right?

Mine start to sing after about 30 min. and really get right at about 60 min or so!!!This seems like longer than my past expieriences with tube amplfication...

just wondering...

Greg

IP Logged
MAC -SteveH
Ex Member

Re: SE84CS mono question...
Reply #1 - 12/27/05 at 01:41:50

That is about right.   Cheesy

IP Logged
DrN
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/27/05 at 03:35:36

I agree, that is about right here too.

Den

IP Logged
Lon
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/27/05 at 10:41:53

I don't have the Signature Monos, but I have had the Select and have a Revision A amp and use daily the EL34 Monoblocks.  That's my experience. . . too. . .but I find after a day our so they shift gears into another type of overdrive. . . .

IP Logged
MAC -SteveH
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/30/05 at 21:39:39

That extra day or so - is the caps and all settling in and the cables!!!

It's not just the amps.  Cables take a bit if you shut your system down all the time.

S.

IP Logged
veryoldcat
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/30/05 at 22:38:37

Even if my select has been on all day long and not playing (my CSP, ZP, zbox, and cd player are always on), it still sounds somewhat raw and flat until music has been playing through it for an hour. The difference is particularly noticeable with a digital source, but vinyl sounds noticeably more palpable after an hour, as well. OVK has no doubt given a run down on this at some point.

If I have guests coming over, I make it a point to have the rig on AND playing for at least an hour or more b4. I'm sure it's not just "psycho" acoustics, as I've experienced it for blinkin' years (since the late 70's) with all my tube equipment.

Happy New Year!
Karl

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print