Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 07:35:27 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jensen G-610 Instruction Book 133 (Read 7888 times)
AAFRadio
Ex Member

Jensen G-610 Instruction Book 133
12/05/05 at 23:56:01

For those of you lucky enough to have one of the G-610 triaxials, I finally snagged Instruction Book 133 for the original G-610 (also covers the G-610A, I think).  I have it scanned and posted at http://aafradio.org/audio/Jensen_IB133.html for posterity.  It is not in pdf format so be aware that it may take a while to load the 4.5MBytes.  It has the wiring diagrams and A-221 crossover schematic (with component values).  I've been looking for it for quite a while, and am delighted to share it with the community.  I'll try to get around to the manual for the G-610B one of these days - too ehausted after moving my pair of Imperials 85 miles to a new home.   Undecided.

Best wishes,
Mike

IP Logged
footstony
Ex Member

Re: Jensen G-610 Instruction Book 133
Reply #1 - 12/06/05 at 04:07:45

Hi Mike,

Thanks for putting up the instruction booklet.  I'll probably never own a G-610, but I find the material interesting (better than TV!)

There is often confusion over the name "Imperial".  I noticed that the booklet shows "the new Jensen Type M Imperial Cabinet" which would have been much easier to move 85 miles!

Regards Philip

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/06/05 at 10:05:34

That cab is smaller than my modded corner cab Imperial sub. Like to know more on how its built.

Nice read !
thanks from a Jensen Imperial lover

IP Logged
AAFRadio
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/06/05 at 12:41:26

Yeh...heh, heh, Jensen did seem to make liberal use of the name "Imperial".  The one in the Instruction Book is a dual port bass reflex design, of course.  That would put its date sometime during the first year or two of the G-610 introduction, since the horn design we so love and cherish in this forum arrived in about 1952.  The original G-610 had the same patented Hypex flare in the mid-range and tweeter as was incorporated into the low frequency plywood horn design, so the Type "M" enclosure couldn't have had a very long run (as an "Imperial", at least).

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/06/05 at 13:48:15

Very cool! Imagine how cool you were in the '50s having that "state of the art" system in your listening room to play your "master tapes" on.

As far as the name "Imperial", just look how many totally different things Ford has called a Mustang or LTD.
Or Chevy calls a Camaro or Caprice
Or Pontiac calls a Firebird or Bonneville.
Brand names had power and recognition at one time. Much of that trend has gone the way of those early Mustangs and Imperials.
Thank heaven that some brand names still mean something.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print